Chapter 29: Morning After

(This is a filler chapter)

Jiang Cheng woke up to a hand gently caressing his face. A smile played on his lips as he turned to face his boyfriend who gave him a smile. 

"Good morning A-Cheng." 

"Good Morning." Jiang Cheng groaned as he sat himself up. His bottom half was aching. 

"Dammit, Lan Xichen! Did you really have to be so rough?" The younger whined and the older giggled. "Says the guy who was begging me to go faster." 

But Jiang Cheng only rolled his eyes, but you could see the light blush on his face. "Yeah, faster not harder." 

Lan Xichen chuckled as he brought himself out of the bed. I'm going to shower and pick up Jin Ling from mom's. I think it's time he came back." Jiang Cheng nodded. "Hm, I think so too." 

"Do you wanna come along?" 

"I would, but I'm tired. I think I'll sleep a bit." 

Lan Xichen nodded and pressed a little kiss to Jiang Cheng's forehead before going into his bathroom to shower.

- - - -

"Babaaaaa!" Jin Ling yelled as he escaped from Madam Lan's grasp and into Lan Xichen's. 

"Hello, my heart." Lan Xichen smiled and lifted Jin Ling, who was hugging his leg into his arms. He sighed, missing the familiar sound of Jin Ling's giggles. 

Lan Xichen then walked over to sit beside his mother. 

"Ma." He bowed in respect to the elder, and his mother hugged him in return. 

"Where's A-Cheng? Could he not make it?" His mother asked, looking around for her son-in-law." 

Lan Xichen nodded. "He's still sleeping, so I decided to pick up Jin Ling myself." 

Madam Lan smirked. "Did you two use protection?" 

"Mom!" Lan Xichen flushed red. 

"What?! I'm just worried. Safety first you know." 

"Not in front of Jin Ling!" Lan Xichen lightly scolded making mother chuckle. 

"I called A-Zhan yesterday, and he said that he wanted to talk to you but you didn't pick up your phone." 

"I was pretty busy yesterday, I didn't check my phone, that's why. I'll call Wangji, today after breakfast." 

"Hm." 

"Do you want to eat here? I already fed Jin Ling, since you were taking a bit long to get here." 

But Lan Xichen shook his head. "Maybe some other time, Ma. A-Cheng's probably waiting for us at home." 

"Someone's got priorities now." 

Lan Xichen smiled. "You'll always be number one in my heart Ma." 

"Well you better get going then, if you want to avoid your uncle." 

"Shoot, yea." 

Lan Xichen bid his mother goodbye before leaving for home.