Chapter 24: Planning

Lan Xichen knew he had to confess his feelings to Jiang Wanyin sooner or later. He couldn't wait his entire life to confess like those dramatic historical dramas. He wanted Jiang Cheng now and immediately but his stupid self was far too much of a coward to do anything. So he came up with a plan. He carefully crafted a simple plan to confess to Jiang Wanyin. 

It was more like a date, where in the end he would profess his love to the younger but the entire idea was eternally cringey and Lan Xichen detested it. But there was no other way, he had to do it. It was either now or never. But of course, like any rational person Lan Xichen wanted to make sure that he had everything planned out and perfect for this date.

So he decided to ask Wei Wuxian and it was -- a good idea. His brother-in-law at first was surprised but denied it saying it was too obvious but then he sighed and lectured him about the ups and downs of dating Jiang Cheng. Lan Xichen smiled through it and did not interfere as his brother sat next to Wei Wuxian and he was sure he would chop him up if he would dare interrupt him. 

Afterwards was when the actual planning happened. They had meticulously chosen a time when Jiang Cheng was really busy and would be away for most of the time. Lan Xichen had a fair idea or really he knew what Jiang Cheng liked and disliked and but he wanted to be safe so he decided to let Wei Wuxian give him some ideas and he would compare and see which would have the most anticipated outcome. 

There were a of ideas, most of them were from Wei Wuxian. Things such as a romantic dinner date which Lan Xichen knew Jiang Cheng would hate, a walk beside the sea, but there was no sea around them. But in the end there was one that Lan Xichen thought would work. So they got to work. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Authors note: I'm back!!!!!!!!!!! after ghosting yall for like literally forever. I have literally no idea what to write next so if any of yall have ideas please do tell me but I'll figure something out. U know it's a little late but happy Thanksgiving. I also quicky realized that many authors write special chapters for certain holidays. I -- don't do that but I might try doing one for Christmas because well its Christmas but we'll see. The Xicheng One-shot book is coming together but not all the way there yet. Anyway enjoy. 

<3