Chapter 11: Note to self: Huan Ge can't remember drunk nights

Lan Xichen was awake first...surprisingly. Last night was a fucking mess and his memory was all hazy. The only thing he remembered was getting a VERY uncomfortable lap dance and Jiang Wanyin's incredibly cute angry face before he had...blacked out?? He made a mental check note to never get deathly drunk again...or even drink again. 

Lan Xichen scratched his head before looking around. He was in his room--that was good, he was in his bed--which was better, there was the sleeping body of Jiang Wanyin next to him--which was not good or bad. For a moment he panicked, wondering if he had done something stupid. But there were no clothes lying around and no one was naked. Which is--a pretty good sign. His head pounded against his skull and he groaned. He forgot how cruel hangovers are; the vomiting, sleepiness, headaches especially and the list can go on and on and on. 

The older man slowly got out of bed, careful to not wake up Jiang Cheng. Even the alarm didn't wake him up so he was probably very tired. After successfully escaping his mattress he sighed and walked to his bathroom. He was in desperate need of a shower. Lan Xichen hated being dirty, he partly wondered if it was traits from his uncle but every time he thought that he remembered that his uncle was---his uncle and not his parents. 

A shower would do him some good. 

------------

When Jiang Cheng woke up there was no one in the bed. There was a tense moment of panic but the sound of the shower running notified him that Lan Xichen was showering. That was also when he registered that he was not in his house and was in Lan Xichens house. If Wei Wuxian knew about any of this he would be on his tail for days, exclaiming about how lucky he was that he was this close to his crush. 

He was grateful there was no school today, there was no way he was leaving the man alone today. He did not need a bath. He was clean enough...besides there was no way he was going to bath in Lan Xichens house. It would be far too embarrassing. Besides he did not have a spare change of clothes and Lan Xichens clothes would make him look like a fucking stick--literally. 

Jiang Cheng pondered for a moment before heading to the kitchen, he would make a quick breakfast as they did need to eat and he would leave right after. Right? Or that was the plan. 

He was suddenly grateful for his sister who taught him to cook from a young age. As he rummaged through Lan Xichens kitchen his face formed a frown, speaking of his sister, it had been a long time since he had visited her. His damned brother had gone without even telling him so he would have to go by himself. 

Jiang Cheng sighed. Sometimes he wondered why life couldn't be just a bit simpler. 

------

The distinct sound of the shower stopping hit Jiang Chengs ears. Lan Xichen was done showering. Great. He partially hoped that Lan Huan would never come out of the shower. Now comes the hard part. he hoped Lan Xichen did not and would not remember anything from last night. Especially the parts where he had called him a good boy and such. And it seemed his hoped had been answered. 

When Lan Xichen came out clad in a nay blue T-shirt and sweatpants, he had walked straight to the kitchen counter and greedily ate his breakfast. 

"Good Morning Wanyin." Lan Xichen managed to say as he chewed his food. 

"Good Morning Huan Ge." Jiang Wanyin replied back. He waited until Lan Xichen finished chewing to speak again. 

"You're never drinking again." The words were short and curt and not at all what Jiang Wanyin had wanted to say. He silently cursed his mouth. Lan Xichen on the other hand was shocked. He knew his drunk state was not the best as both his brother and best friend have complained to him on how annoying he was. But he didn't think it was that bad. 

"Was I--I don't seem to recall anything from last night." Lan Xichen said making Jiang Cheng exclaim in shock. 

"You remember nothing?" Lan Xichen shook his head leaving Jiang Wanyin to his own head. 

Well that wasn't too bad. 

Jiang Cheng thanked the gods. 

"You should take a shower Wanyin. The bathrooms in the left corridor." Lan Xichen said and swallowed another mouthful of food. He was hungry today it seems. 

"No-er-well--I don't--" 

"Bathrooms in the left corridor, my closets in the bedroom...you'll see it." 

Lan Xichen seemed set and Jiang Cheng had no choice but to oblige.