Chapter 14

"Wow," Evelyn comments. "Isobel has he guts to show up in a town where everyone hates her?"

"Much like John, that one," Rose says to her girlfriend as they walk through town, holding hands. "Stupid."

Evelyn chuckles. "Very much so," she responds. "Im glad we met, Rose-Marie Hawthorn."

Rose smiles. "I'm glad I met you, too, Evelyn Lockwood," she says genuinely. "I'm falling for you."

Evelyn stops walking and she grabs Rose's face. "I'm falling for you, also." She presses her lips tenderly against the vampire's and Rose kisses her back.
🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Damon, Nina, Bonnie, and Jeremy go to the Martin house. Jonas and Luka are both dead now and Bonnie's needing the grimoires (and she'll give some to Nina). Damon sticks his foot through the threshold and he enters the apartment.

"Yep," he says. "Everyone's dead."

Nina walks over to Luka's corpse and she kneels down. "Bon, do you think it'd be okay if I checked to see if he has any magic left?"

"Go ahead," Bonnie says. "I'm going to collect the grimoires with Jeremy's help. They spent years collecting them, I want to make sure they're safe. I'll give you some, too."

Nina touches Luka's charred arm and her hand glows. She closes her eyes as the remainder of Luka Martin's magic courses through her veins.

"What exactly are we looking for?" Jeremy asks.

"According to Luka's dad, one of these contains a spell that'll let me contain the energy that's left behind when a witch dies violently," Bonnie says.

"I didn't know you and the father witch were so close," Damon comments as he watches Nina stand, loaded with magic.

"We weren't but when he gave me my powers back, he gave me a message," Bonnie says. "If I can find the spot in town, where the old Salem witches were burned, I can harness their energy to use when I need it."

"Great," Damon comments. "We'll just put that in our list of things today. Harness ancient dead-witch lower."

"You know where the witches were burned?" Bonnie accuses.

"Did I forget to mention that?" Damon asks as Jeremy reads through one of the grimoires.

"Are we going to have to read through everyone of these to find the right spell?" Jeremy asks.

"Not exactly," Bonnie says. She raises her hands and closes her eyes.all of the books fall out and one opens. Bonnie grabs it. "It's this one."

"You have to teach me that," Nina says.

"I will."

"Grab the rest. Let's go," Damon instructs.
🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Evelyn, Rose, Nina, Damon, Stefan, and Elena are all now in the library of the boarding house.

"Do you really think that Isobel's telling the truth that word's gotten out about the doppelgänger?" Elena asks.

"I don't trust a word that she says, but I think we'd be stupid to ignore the warning," Stefan claims.

"You know, you should just stay here," Damon says. "It's better for us to keep an eye on you."

"No... any vampire can enter here," Nina says. "She and Jeremy can stay with us."

"We have a spare bedroom for Jeremy and Nina usually stays here," Evelyn says.

"So that's the plan? None of you let me out of your sight again?" Elena asks them all.