Chapter 20

Elijah wakes up in the floor of the library. He looks over and sees Nina asleep in his shirt. He stands and he flashes to his room to dress. He goes into Esther's study because her wanting to see Elena alone last night was suspicious and Finn's warning for him and Nina to not drink the wine.

Elijah finds some burnt sage, which is usually used for a privacy spell. He goes downstairs after Klaus and Kol leave and he walks up to Rebekah, who was with Damon.

"Rebekah," he speaks her name.

"Not you, too, Elijah," Rebekah moans.

"I'm worried about mother," Elijah says. "Have you noticed her strange behavior?"

"She's been dead for a thousand years," Rebekah says. "What's strange for her?"

"Burnt sage," Elijah says before he shows it to Rebekah, who takes it. "She was doing a privacy spell."

"You know she fancies such things," Rebekah says. "Why don't you ask Finn? He's been doting on her."

"I don't trust Finn," Elijah says as Nina comes into the room in only his shirt, Rebekah turns mentally smug. "He hates what we are, he always has."

"That's not true," Rebekah says. "And as for Mother, she returned for one reason, to make our family whole again. She loves us. What trouble are you looking to find?" She then turns to Nina. "You look hot in my brother's shirt and nothing else, darling. It's about time."
🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

"Mom! I'm home!" Nina walks into the Gilbert house and Evelyn comes in from the kitchen.

"That's a man's shirt," Evelyn says. Nina is in Elijah's shirt and a pair of Rebekah's leggings she's doesn't wear anymore. "You and Damon...?"

"No... me and Elijah," Nina says and Evelyn grins. "Rebekah and Damon hooked up last night." She and Rebekah talked and Rebekah told her about having sex with Damon.

"Oh." Evelyn frowns. "Damon's a whore."

Nina snorts and she starts laughing as Jenna does in the kitchen. Evelyn laughs, too, and they see Elena walking in with Bonnie and Caroline.

"You and Elijah!" Caroline giggles like a maniac. "How was it?"

"Intense, but amazing," Nina says. "Did it in the table in the Mikaekson mansion library."

"You go girl," Elena says. "Elijah, we like."

Nina blushes and she hugs them. "I'm going to go do some house hunting. It's time I move out since I know Mom's taken care of."

"I'll be fine, my girl," Evelyn says. "Good luck."

Nina hugs Evelyn and she thanks Jenna for being a good girlfriend to ever and she leaves.
🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Damon sees Nina enter the boarding home and he speeds in front of her and holds out his hand.

"I want my card back, missy," Damon says and Stefan smirks.

"Awe, shucks, I was gonna buy a house with it," Nina muses.

"You already did!" Damon exclaims. "I got the call first!" Damon sighs. "You're lucky you're one of my favorite people." He snatches his card from her hand. "You shopaholic."

Nina's phone chimes and she smiles a little.

Rebekah: Wanna go shopping? I took Elijah's card.

Nina giggles when she reads it.

Nina; I'm at the boarding house. I'll pick you up.

Nina puts her phone away. "I'm going shopping with Rebekah. See you later." Nina pecks his cheek and Stefan's before leaving.

"That girl's gonna be the death of me, and not because of the lethal werewolf bite," Damon murmurs.

Stefan chuckles a little.
🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

"Elijah, what did you do with Elena?" Nina snaps as she storms into the mansion.

"Come and sit," Elijah says and she does. "She's with Rebekah but I told Rebekah not to harm a hair on her head but we're making Damon and Stefan think she will." He gazes at her. "Our Mother did something, but I'm not sure what yet. I've enlisted the help of your former lover and his brother."

"Why didn't you just tell me first?" Nina asks.

Elijah reaches and he brushes her brown hair out of her face. "I'm sorry, Nikolina," he says softly, "I will next time, okay?"

Nina nods. "Really?"

Elijah nods and he leans forward to capture her lips with his. Nina pulls back first, her eyes closed as their foreheads rest against each-other's. Elijah pulls away when his phone chimes and it's Damon.

"I must go..." Elijah kisses Nina on the lips tenderly. "You can stay here if you like, I'm going to go save the day. Again."

Nina smiles and Elijah leaves. She goes to the boarding house and she starts packing so she can move into her house she bought.
🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Nina opens her door when Elijah comes after Esther and Finn made their escape and he kisses her

Nina opens her door when Elijah comes after Esther and Finn made their escape and he kisses her. Nina jumps up and he packs her inside. They're stripping in supernatural  speed and they go to make love on the couch.