Chapter 15

Nina lays in Damon's bed and she stretches out. The house is in her name since Elena and Jeremy have been staying with Evelyn and Rose. Nina doesn't mind having this house as her own because it forced Katherine to stay out now.

"I can't believe this place is mine now," Nina says as Damon enters the room.

"Elena and Jeremy are safe at yours, Jenna's out of town, you needed a safe place, too," Damon says calmly. "I care about your safety, Nina Lockwood."

"I know you do, and I appreciate it." Nina sighs. "Damon, should we stop having sex?"

"Maybe, but why now?" Damon asks as he drops into the bed.

Nina moves and she straddles him. "Maybe not this very second..." Ashe grinds against him. "But if you're ever going to focus on Elena..."

"I don't want to stop this thing with you... not yet, at least," Damon says as he moves to where Nina is under him in vampire speed. "I enjoy this. It's fun, and fulfilling for the both of us."

Nina lifts her head and pecks Damon on the lips. "I don't want to stop either," she admits. "At least not right now."

Damon leans down and he captures her lips with his own and they start removing whatever articles of clothing that they're wearing.
🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Bonnie and Elena are at the boarding house now with the gang - everyone but Jeremy, Evelyn and Rose. Rose is panicking at home because Klaus is in town. Evelyn is soothing her lover.

"So we go to the dance, we find him," Damon says.

"Really? How are we going to do that?" Stefan asks. "We don't even know what he looks like."

"Something tells me he isn't sixteen and pimply," Damon remarks.

"He could be anywhere at any time," Stefan says. "He compelled somebody at school." He looks over at Bonnie and Elena. "I guess it's not as safe as yoy guys thought, huh?"

Someone knocks on the door and Nina invites Klaric (thinking he's only Alaric) inside.

"There you are!" Damon says once Klaric follows Nina into the room.

"Sorry I'm late," Klaric says.

"Hey, I need you to put me and Nina down as chaperones at the dance tonight," Damon says. "Klaus made his first move."

"So we find him and then what, hmm?" Elena asks. "What's our plan of attack?"

"Me," Bonnie says. She knows that Nina would but she doesn't have an endless source of magic. "I'm the plan, especially since Nina doesn't have an endless source of magic to siphon from. Klaus has no idea how much power I can channel. If you can find him, I can kill him."

"That's not going to be easy," Klaric says. Klaus does remember one of his eyes and ears mentioning a powerful siphon that Elijah fancies here in Mystic Falls, so he's not surprised to see Nina. "I mean, he is the biggest, baddest vampire around."

"Alaric has a point," Damon says. "I mean, what if he..." He runs at Bonnie and she uses her magic to send him soaring into the bookshelves across the room.

"I'm impressed," Stefan says and Nina grins.

"I am, too," Nina comments with an almost sinister look in her eyes, her inner Kai coming out a little but it quickly leaves. But the Klaus inside Alaric sees it well and it makes him wonder.

"It doesn't matter if he's an Original," Bonnie says. "I can take down anyone who comes at me. I can kill him, Elena, I know I can and as soon as Nina can have an endless source of magic, she will be able to, too."

Nina blushes as everyone looks at her. "Stop, Bonnie, I'm not that powerful."

"Nina, your Gemini family keeps sending you grimoires with spells I've never even heard of," Bonnie says.

"I know and tonight, I'm not going to the dance," Nina says. "I have an appointment in another demintion."

Klaric watches her curiously as she talks.
🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Dressed up all pretty, Nina goes into the roofs with Evelyn and Rose and a witch named Lucille Baker

Dressed up all pretty, Nina goes into the roofs with Evelyn and Rose and a witch named Lucille Baker. She lays the grimoire down.

"Is this safe?"

"The ancestors want to speak to you," Lucille says. "They said it is of great importance. The spell itself can be dangerous, that's why you're going to siphon from this to do it." She shows her a Diamond that looks like it has pools of a green mist swirling inside of it. "It's my magic."

Nina grabs the Diamond and she does the spell. Evelyn closes her eyes when Nina stops breathing and she dies.
🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Nina wakes up in the same clearing but instead of seeing Lucille, Evelyn, and Rose, Nina is surrounded in the dead witch ancestors, the newer and the older. She locks eyes with Sheila Bennett and a boy her age who looks like her. He's smiling.

"Hey," he greets. "I'm Jacob Lockwood, I'm your twin brother."

"You grew up here?"

"Sheila Bennett and the witches raided me," Jacob says as he walks up to her. "I've been watching you grow up and take care of Mom. I wish I was there to help you."

"I wish you were, too," Nina says. "Maybe Mom wouldn't be so depressed."

"Nina, these are the witch ancestors." Jacob introduces her to them all.

"Lucille said this was important," Nina says. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, my dear," the witch Ayana says. "Please, come. We have much to discuss."

Nina joins the witches, Jacob stays near her, and they talk to her about how she can siphon dark magic if she needs to and she won't ever overload on magic.
🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Nina talks on the phone with her mom while in Damon's tub a few his later. She's telling her what the witches said, she already told Damon. She spends the rest of night talking to Evelyn while Elena video chats with Bonnie downstairs.