Chapter 19

"Elijah, can I have a word?" Finn asks after as some compelled humans set up for a ball Esther is hosting.

Elijah nods. He puts down the book of French poetry he's reading and he follows Finn outside.

"What's wrong, Finn?" Elijah asks.

"Don't ask me why, but during the toast tonight, do not drink the champagne," Finn says. "For Nina." Finn has a standing respect for Nina because she's a vampire and she was able to keep her powers.

Elijah is confused but Finn told him not to ask why. "Okay."

"And don't let Nina drink it," Finn adds. "It's for your benefits, trust me."

"I'll trust you," Elijah says to him. "I'm confused, but I'll trust you."

"Thank you," Finn says.

They hug before a car pulls up and Esther gets out with a human.

"More decorations, Mother?" Elijah asks her with a smirk.

"Yes, my sweet boy," Esther replies, "and I bought my dress. Have you send the darling Nina an invitation?"

"I did," Elijah replies as he and Finn help carry some of the decorations inside.
🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺

Nina is sat on the counter while Evelyn cooks breakfast. Jenna is reading the paper while Damon and Stefan lean against the counter in each side of Nina.

"It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin," Elena says.

"As in the Original Witch?" Stefan asks.

"What?" Damon frowns. "How is she even alive? Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago."

"I don't know," Elena replies. "I'm guessing she has a couple connections in the witching community. Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her children, including Klaus."

"She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus," Stefan states.

"Not anymore," Elena says. "At least not according to Elijah."

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from ripping us to shreds," Stefan says.

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Damon asks and Nima rubs his thigh soothingly.

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us," Elena says and someone rings the doorbell. "I believe him."

"I do, too," Nina says. Nina goes and she opens the door. She sees no one but she looks down for anything, like a delivery, and she sees two envelopes. She hands the one addressed to Elena to the doppelgänger.

"What is it?" Damon asks as he and Stefan join them.

The girls open their envelopes and pull out cards.

"Invitations," Nina says.

"Please join the Mikaelson family this evening at seven o'clock... for dancing, cocktails, and celebration," Elena reads.

"Who the hell is the Mikaelson family?" Stefan asks.

"The Original family," Nina says. Nina turns her card over when Elena finds a note on hers, hers has one, too. "Nikolina, I do wish you'll come. We can dance, and talk, and just enjoy the night. - EM." Nina blushes. "Oh, God."

Damon smirks. "Someone had a crush on an Original," he teases,

"Shut up," Nina murmurs. "I need to go shopping. Damon, can I use your card? I need the perfect dress."