Chapter 9

(Back To December By Taylor Swift)

Karl's Pov

So many memories haunt me everyday. I'm sitting in the venue for Chandler and Cara's wedding, and we were doing the rehearsal dinner. I couldn't help but drift off and think that this could've been me with Cora.

Things should have ended differently. She shouldn't have left me. She shouldn't have felt the need to leave. I should've done things right.

I have swallowed my pride every day for the past two months while I've been helping Cara and Chandler plan their wedding. I have to sit there and talk with her mother. I have to talk with her father. But she's nowhere to be seen. I don't even know where she is. I don't know where she lives.

Nobody has told me a thing, and I know that it is her doing. I know that she doesn't want me to know where she is, but I achieved my goals. I'm doing everything I want to be doing, and all I want is Cora back. That's all I've ever fucking wanted.

Cora is everything I've wanted in the world. She is my world. She's the best thing this world has ever offered me, and I let it slip. I let her get away.

Now I'm sitting in a seat next to Chandler, getting ready to give a speech at the rehearsal dinner, in a suit, nervous as hell because all of these people were supposed to be here for my wedding. They were supposed to watch me marry Cora. Now they are watching me live without her.

I stood up, grabbing the microphone from Jimmy and I smiled down at Chandler.

"I just want to start off by saying that I am beyond proud of both of you. You both have achieved so much in your life, and you constantly show up for each other, even when things are completely falling apart." I held the tears back in my eyes, as I said what I knew she would say.

"Soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Hallow, but I feel like everyone has known that since we were teenagers." Everyone laughed, and I looked down at the glass of champagne I was holding.

"Mr. and Mrs. Davis raised two amazing women. Two amazing daughters, and I am so happy that you are marrying my best friend. He loves you so much. I remember it like it was yesterday, hearing about you for the first time. I knew that you two were going to get married."

Cara looked at Chandler with a smile, and I felt my heart breaking. I shouldn't be standing up here alone.

"Some people in life have decisions they have to make, and sometimes they aren't easy. Sometimes it's for the better. I know that whatever life throws your way, you will always be Ready To Run, right into it." I looked over at Cara who now had a sad smile on her face.

"I raise this toast to my best friends, Chandler and Cara, for always sticking by each other's sides." Chandler got up and hugged me with a giant smile on his face, before Cara came over and hugged me with a giant smile on her face too.

"Thank you, Karl." Cara said, and I nodded my head with a smile.

We had dinner, and we laughed, we cried, we talked about everything. Everything except for one thing. Her name wasn't brought up once. Which made me wonder, is she not going to show up to her sister's wedding?

I haven't heard a single thing about her since she left. Nobody talks about her with me. Beside Chandler, but he doesn't tell me anything about how she's doing, and that's all I desperately want to know.