Chapter 14

(I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For By U2) 

Cora's Pov

"Miss Davis?" Eryn tapped my shoulder and I quickly spun around. Karl walked into my back, and I smiled at Eryn.

"Miss Blake." I hugged her and I could feel her grip tighten around me.

"You're staying with me, and please call me Eryn." She said, walking towards a white SUV.

"Only if you call me Cora." I spoke with a laugh, causing her to laugh.

"Hello Karl." Eryn spoke with a smile on her face as she unlocked her car doors for us. I looked at Karl with a confused expression but he didn't notice.

"Hey Eryn!" Karl said in response, getting in the back, leaving the front seat for me.

How do they know each other?

"I do need to stop at a store if you don't mind." I looked over at Eryn and she nodded her head.

"Of course. Are you coming with us Karl?" She looked in the rear view mirror, pulling out of her parking spot and starting to drive down the street.

"I'm not sure-"

"We can stop and grab Noah, if you would like." Eryn cut him off and he nodded his head quickly.

"Please. I miss him." Karl spoke in a joking tone, and I smiled softly before staring out of the window.

"So... When have you two met?" Eryn asked, and I closed my eyes.

"Uh..." I heard Karl say from the backseat.

"We used to date." I let out a breath after speaking. It never gets easier.

"Did you fucking mess with her? Because so help me god i will bury you six feet-"

"Eryn, it's okay." I laughed out and she shook her head looking in the rear view mirror at Karl before turning into her driveway. She parked and grabbed her phone from her purse. Pulling her phone out, calling someone.

"I'm here. Come out, bring shoes and shit, we are going to the mall." She hung the phone up and put her phone away.

"Walk him like a dog!" Karl said with laughter and I smiled. The door opened and a man I met once came out.

"His hair has grown a lot in the last week and a half." I said, looking at Noah who smiled, noticing me in the passenger's seat.

"Do you want me to move to the back?" I asked and Eryn shook her head no.

"Get in the back! I have a surprise for you." Eryn said, rolling the window down.

Noah opened the back door and screamed with excitement. Karl then started giggling, causing me to really be confused now.

"Karl!" Noah jumped in the car, closing the door and hugging Karl.

Eryn started to drive again, and I started to dive into my thoughts. There were so many things that I was thinking about. So many things were going on. I've never worked a domestic case against parents, I have no idea how to handle this.

I know what i'm supposed to be doing, i was trained for cases like this too, but i just never have done a professional one. It's nerve wracking. Really goddamn nerve wracking.

I didn't even notice that we pulled up to the mall until everyone started to get out. I got out of the car, and walked next to Eryn who was joking around with Noah and Karl. I just stayed quiet. All of these emotions and feelings are eating me alive.