6. Bad Luck pt.2

Walking out of the sisters apartment ...

The words they had said wouldn't leave your mind. Should you really be worried? Or were they just trying to mess with you? You didn't know...

Your thoughts were interrupted by the feeling of something rubbing against your leg. When you looked down, you saw a little black cat. 'Great, even more bad luck.'

"Hey, I know you." you said, mostly to yourself. You had seen the tomcat before, sitting on your porch when you first moved in. You would leave food out for him some nights, but not too often since you assumed his owner lived close by.

You bent down and pet the small cat, and it started to purr from the affection. You were so focused on the cat, that you didn't even notice a presence creeping up behind you.

"BOO!" A voice yelled behind you, as you were lightly pushed.

You let out a scream as your knees hit the ground, along with your palms. The fear fled your body when your turned around to see.... "Fucking Wybie."

"Bahahaha I got you good, huh?" He laughed, clutching his stomach with tears in his eyes.

"You dick, you scared the cat away! And look at me, now I'm covered in dirt. What the hell?" you said, giving him a glare.

"Aw I'm sorry y/n, it was just a little fun." he apologized.

"Yeah yeah, what do you want anyway? You never come around here..." you asked him suspiciously. He'd never been this close to the house before.

"Oh, um I just...wanted to check up on my favorite neighbor, ya know?" he laughed while rubbing the back of his neck and looking away from you.

You were about to ask him another question, but he spoke before you could.

"So uh, where's Ashton?" he asked, still not making eye contact.

"Shit! What time is it?" you asked.

"Hm? It's....... 5:42" Wybie said, checking the watch on his wrist.

You let out a sigh of relief.
'Phew, I still have some time until Ashton gets here. I'll have to make something quick for dinner though.'

" He's at work right now, but it won't be too much longer before he gets here. I still need to cook dinner though, would you like to stay?" you offered, but you knew he'd have some reason for why he couldn't.

"I- I couldn't! I mean, I'm supposed to have dinner with my grandma tonight. Sorry y/n..." he quickly replied.

You shook your head, 'no' and held a small smile. "Don't worry about it.Maybe some other time, yeah?"

He nodded and said, " Well, I just wanted to see if you were alright. I should probably head to my grandmas soon though."

"Hey, your grandma owns the Pink Palace right?" you asked.

He nodded his head 'yes'.

"Mm, I thought so...stay here for a sec." you said before running off into the house.

You ran up the stairs and headed in the direction of your bedroom. When you opened the door, you walked over to the shelf that you had sat the button eyed doll on.... but it was no longer there.