7. Anything for You

A/n: " Y/f/fl" means your favorite flower

Current Time 2:12 a.m

You woke up to your throat feeling like the Sahara Desert, so you immediately headed downstairs to quench your thirst. You were hoping Ashton would be asleep, since you didn't feel like seeing him right now. Though even if he was still up, it's not like he'd say anything to you.

This wasn't the man you fell in love with. Like all relationships, it started off fresh and exciting. There was so much passion and energy put into the relationship, but like all bad things, good things must come to an end too. You thought maybe you were just out of your 'honey moon phase', which is why you decided to get engaged and move in together, to revive and replenish the relationship. Though so far, nothing has seemed to really change...

As you headed down the stairs, you heard the faint sounds of the living room TV growing louder. You could see flashes of light coming from the room, so you assumed Ashton was still awake watching TV, but when you glanced in the room you saw him, once again, sleeping softly on the couch. You rolled your eyes at the scene, and were about to walk into the kitchen to forget him. But then it hit you.... the scent of heaven.

You gazed around the room, and sure enough, the smell was coming from the little door. Your stomach started to growl, as you lightly clenched it with your hand.

'That's right, I didn't have any dinner earlier...' you thought. " I really should eat something.'

So, deciding to listen to your hunger, you once again made your way through the round blue tunnel. You continued on, so hungry for food, that you didn't even notice the small door closing itself behind you.

When you crawled to the end of the tunnel, you pushed the door in front of you open. Your eyes were immediately met with the sight of sleek black shoes, ones that were definitely well taken care of. You looked up, and gasped when you saw the same devilishly handsome man you had seen the previous night. He stood there, a small smile on his lips while extending his hand out towards you. Almost like he knew you'd come, like he was waiting for you....

"Y/n dear, back so soon?" he said. His voice sounded like honey, sweet but somehow always seductive.

You placed your hand in his while he helped you off the floor, once you stood on your feet you answered his question.

"What can I say? Your cooking was so good, I just had to come back for seconds." you laughed, red flushing your cheeks with embarrassment. 'Gosh, I sound like a pig. I don't want him to think I'm only here for the food..... even if I am.' you thought.

Atticus let out a small laugh, finding your embarrassed state adorable. He stepped behind you and placed a hand on your back, moving you towards the dining room where he'd already laid out the food. " Eat as much as you'd like Y/n."

Walking over to the table, you sat down and instantly tasted the food. It was a soup, that you could tell, but you had no idea what was in it that made it taste so good! Seriously, you'd never smelt or seen anything like it!

Atticus sat at the opposite side of the table, watching you eat with content. " My my Y/n, are you starving yourself over there?" he asked, somewhat joking but also concerned. Or at least, you think so. It was hard to tell someone's expression when they didn't have any eyes. Everybody says, 'eyes are the windows to the soul.'

You noted how he said, "over there", assuming he meant on your side of the portal. You cleared your throat and let out a small laugh, " No, just had a rough night is all."

The slight sadness in your voice didn't go unnoticed by him. When you gave the doll away today, he'd lost the ability to keep an eye on you, meaning he had no idea what happened the entire afternoon. Before he'd made your doll, he would have the mice report to him, that's how he knew so much about you. However, when he finally made it, it naturally made watching you way easier, but now that you gave it away, he didn't know what he'd do.