17. B*tches

After you had talked with Atticus that night, you decided it would be better for you not to sleep over. Atticus didn't seem too fond of the idea, but you told him it was for the best.

So here you were, crawling back through the tunnel for a second time.

As you crawled through, you thought about the words Atticus had left you with before you departed.

—————

"Listen, Y/n. I want you to meet me here, tomorrow, at midnight. I'll tell you everything then, I promise."

You let out a sigh, still unsure of how Atticus was going to help you out of your little 'situation'. But still, you looked at him with a smile, appreciative of his care for you.

"Okay.... I'll be here." you said, a little wary.

You couldn't help but feel like something was off.

Like something bad was about to happen.

Atticus then pulled you in by the waist, and placed a single kiss atop your head before holding your cheek tenderly.

"I'll see you then." he said, a light smile on his pink lips.

And suddenly, everything started to feel right.

—————

Your thoughts ended as you reached your side of the tunnel. You pushed the door open before crawling onto your living room floor. You then turned around, making sure to firmly shut the door, but never locking it.

However, as soon as you shut the door, the living room lights switched on.

"Y/n?"

Your body jumped at the sound of someone calling your name..... Ashton.

You turned around to face him, making no move to get off the floor.

"Oh, hey." you said with a dull expression, no emotion evident in your voice.

"What are you doing on the floor?" he asked with a brow raised, a look of disgust on his face.

Your eyes widened ever-so-slightly, as if you had just realized what you had almost been caught doing.

You opened your mouth, to spout some bullshit excuse, but stopped when Ashton said something instead.

"Ya know what? Never mind, I don't care." he said before heading towards the stairs. " You'll be gone in a week anyway..." he grumbled.

You ignored his remarks, not caring enough to come up with a decent response.

Instead, your eyes drifted towards the empty couch. Wanting nothing more than to curl up and drift off to sleep in your nice and cozy bed.

And instead, you were stuck with this.

'But hey, if things don't go my way, I could end up sleeping in a lot worse of a place than this....' You thought, the reality of your situation really setting in.