10. The Death of You

A/n: y/f/m means ' your favorite movie.'

You crawled through the tunnel once more, though this time the experience was a little different, due to the large amount of alcohol you had just consumed.

When you finally made it to the other side of the tunnel, you expected to see Atticus waiting for you..... but this time he wasn't.

"Atticus?" you slurred out, only to hear your voice echo throughout the seemingly empty house.

You searched the first floor of the house, but once you saw that every room was vacant, you began to look upstairs. As you ascended the steps, you could hear the faint sounds of music coming from the bedroom.

You pushed open the door, and turned your head towards the small record player now placed in the corner of the room.

"Hm, that's new." you quietly said to yourself. The small box played a smooth jazz, and the soft lighting gave a warm feeling to the room.

Turning around, your attention was quickly brought to the bed, more specifically the shiny red box placed upon it. You strolled over to the bed, and also saw a small, white, note placed next to the gift.

————————————-

Thought this would look radiant on you.
Try it on for me, won't you?

————————————-

Letting out a soft laugh at the note, you quickly tossed the paper to the side and began to open your gift. Inside, lied a (f/c) dress with a small slit at the bottom. It was short, but you couldn't deny the dress was elegant. Placed neatly under the dress, was a pair of matching heels.

'He must have something pretty big planned...' you thought with excitement, examining the soft fabric.

Finally deciding to try on the dress, you quickly let your clothes fall to the ground, and slipped the gown on with ease. You then let your hair down, running your fingers through your (h/c) locks with care.

Feeling a wave of confidence flood through you, you slowly began to dance around the room, swaying with the slow movements in a sexy, but also classy way. You hummed along with the song, but immediately stopped when you heard a noise from downstairs.

You rushed out of the bedroom, and towards the stairs, stopping mid-way upon seeing him. There he was, the man you'd been waiting to see all day, casually standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"Well, don't you look beautiful?" he said with a smirk, fixing the sleeves of his black suit.

Excitement bubbled in your chest at the sight of him, and a bright smile overtook your face. You rushed down the stairs, letting your feet get ahead of you, and causing you to stumble and trip on the last step. You closed your eyes, waiting for the harsh impact.... but it never came.

"Woah, woah! Falling for me already, I see?"He said with a laugh, easily catching you.

You opened your eyes as your face reddened, and you let out a shy laugh of embarrassment, hurriedly apologizing to the man. Once you were steadily on your feet, you took a moment to really look at the man in front of you.

He wore an all-black suit that seemed to fit him perfectly, though the shirt clung to his chest just a little too tightly. Black rings decorated the man's fingers, along with a small chain wrapped around his neck. You had to admit, the man in front of you looked devilishly handsome. Maybe you'd just grown used to them by now, but the button eyes didn't seem to even phase you anymore....