11. Sneak Peek

A/n: So I decided to do this chapter a little different. Instead of Y/n's perspective, I thought I'd give you a sneak peek into Atticus' thoughts. Let me know what you think, and as always, enjoy!!

Atticus' POV:

'What the hell is happening to me?'

That was the main thought going through Atticus' head at the moment as he lied in bed next to you. You had drifted off to sleep a while ago, while Atticus..... well he just laid there with you in his arms thinking about what to do next.

Originally, he had planned to treat you like all the others. Meet, seduce, and kill. But, the more he got to know you, the more he realized you weren't like the others, and it would be foolish to treat you as such. Just the mere thought of him or anyone else hurting you, was enough to make his mood plummet.

It's funny in a way, after all the years of seducing women and taking their souls.... he couldn't remember one, significant, thing about any of them. Hell, he couldn't even recall their faces anymore, let alone their names..... all his mind seemed to be plagued with, was you.

When you kissed him earlier, he was beyond surprised. All the women he'd known in the past were too shy or embarrassed, so he'd grown used to making the first move.... but you, you had actually beat him to it.

However, that wasn't what took him by surprise the most.

The second your lips met his, he felt something inside him... something he'd never felt before....

A heart beat.

It was so sudden, and so unexpected, he nearly clenched his chest from the pain. Why? Why after all this time, did he just now start to feel these things?

But, when you suddenly pulled away...it all stopped.

The numbness returned, and a death- like dullness consumed him. He once again, felt like nothing more than a mere doll.

That's when he pulled you into your second kiss. He had to be sure. Had to know that it wasn't just in his head, that what he had felt was real.

And when a warm, fuzzy feeling in his chest started up once again, he confirmed it was real. And that's when he began to lose himself in the moment.

He wasn't sure how.... and he didn't think it was possible. But it was as if you made him feel more alive, more human. And he craved it...no, more like, needed it.

He needed you.

That's when he decided that he'd make you his, permanently.

In that moment, it was as if a lightbulb appeared in his brain. He knew he needed souls to live, that was his life source, and the entire reason he did the whole "home-wrecker" scheme to begin with.....But, what if instead of taking your soul, he took his host's instead?

Now that was an idea....

It had never been done before, and frankly, the thought had never occurred to him. But if there was even the slightest chance of him escaping this hell-hole and being with you, he was going to take it.

He hated being stuck in this world, he hated the feeling of constant loneliness and emptiness, he hated always trying to please others, only for them to never be satisfied. He hated the feeling of being trapped every day, he hated everything about this god forsaken place.

And his ticket to freedom...was Ashton's soul.

How to do it though....

Atticus thought about the male that his features were based on. The one you called, " your fiancé".... please, he had to fight the urge to scoff.

He just didn't understand... how could someone as beautiful and amazing as you, fall for a thing like that? He obviously took what he had for granted, and treated you horribly. Couldn't you see how much better he was for you than him?

'What a pathetic excuse of a man.' he thought bitterly, face souring at the thought of the male that was living his dream-life.

He would gladly get rid of him, it'd be as easy as snapping a twig.....What about you, though?

If you were to find out about all his wrong doings, would you still feel the same? If he murdered your high school sweetheart, could you forgive him, would you even want to?

Those thoughts plagued his mind, but in the end, he supposed it didn't matter.....One way or another he was getting out of this world, and he was taking you with him.

Atticus' thoughts were then interrupted by the sudden lightness he felt on his arms and his chest.

'Dawn must be coming soon....' he thought solemnly, feeling your body slowly fade away.

This was definitely the worst part of his day. Every night, having to feel your body dissolve and fade from his arms. Words couldn't express how awful it felt.

No matter though...

He'd have you in his arms soon enough, for real this time, and once he did....

He wasn't ever going to let you go ~

———————————————————————-To be continued

To be continued...
12.16.23
Don't forget to comment and vote!!

A/n: the holidays are coming up soon, so I will be a little busy, but I'll try and release another chapter soon! Thank you all for the supportive comments, I do read them and it really means a lot to know how understanding you are. <3