12. Problems

7:47 a.m

Ring*

Riiinnnggg*

RIIINNNGGGG*

"Ugh, what is it?!" you yelled into your phone, annoyed that someone had interrupted your peaceful sleep. You don't think you'd slept that well in your entire life, and yet here you were..... rudely being awoken by your damn cell phone.

"Y/n? Sorry, were you still sleeping? I didn't mean to wake you...." the voice on the phone asked, apologetically.

"Wybie? Is something wrong, why are you calling me this early?" you asked, with a sleepy voice, feeling a little guilty about shouting at the male. If something was wrong, you would've sounded like a total asshole....

"N-no! Everything is fine... listen, the reason I called is because, well...." he drifted off, seeming nervous.

" Yesss?" you said, urging him to finish his sentence.

"Well I was wondering..." he took a deep breath.
" wouldyouwannagotothemovieswithmetonight." He rushed, speaking too quickly for you to understand him.

You let out a yawn, " Sorry, could you repeat that?"

"....."

The phone was silent for a minute, and you almost thought he'd hung up on you.

"Wybie? You there?" you asked.

"Y-yes! I'm here!" he shouted, then took a deep breath. " Would you maybe wanna come with me to see this movie tonight?" he asked again, though this time a lot calmer.

"You called me this early, just to ask me if I'd see a movie with you?" you asked tiredly, not even answering his question.

"Yes?" he said, sounding a little unsure himself.

"Like a date?" you said.

You let out a small smile, knowing how easy it was to tease the male. Of course you knew he didn't mean it as a date. Wybie was your best friend, there was no way he'd see you as something more.

"What?! No! W-well I wasn't gonna- oh! But if you want-" he blabbered over the phone embarrassed, quickly losing his calm composure.

" Calm down, I know you'd never mean it like that! I'll go...but only if you let me go back to sleep." you said groggily.

"Really? Awesome! I'll text you the details, bye Y/nnnn! I'll see you later tonight!" he said excitedly before hanging up.

As soon as the call ended, you tossed your phone back on your nightstand and quickly enveloped yourself deeper into the blankets of your bed.

'Time for more sleep....'

—————————————————————————

By the time you had re-awoken, it was noon.

'12:00?! How did I sleep that long?"  You thought to yourself, checking your phone.

You quickly noticed the notification that Wybie had sent you hours earlier. Clicking on it, you scanned through the several messages that were sent.

8:00
Wybie: Hey, could meet me at the theater in town at 10:30? The movie doesn't start until 11:00 tonight, so we should have plenty of time to get snacks and our seats. I hope it's not too late for you?