The Lucky Death

All of a sudden, the life of someone was taken from the world, and the cause of that was someone drunk driving a truck at night or around 20.30 PM, and then at 20.35 PM, someone was hit by the truck and passed away. That person is just your regular and ordinary 25-year-old woman. She is just like anyone who spends her daily work and mostly overtime due to sometimes the amount of work pilled onto her exceeding what she was predicted. She is also the chief of a certain section, which is her responsibility.

After all, the person who made a mistake or mess she had to fix was a new employee who had been working for a week and was quite clumsy. The new employee also constantly apologizes with a terrified face and tears in her eyes. Because of that, the woman who is her chief takes that responsibility even though the new employee is trying to help her.

And despite being hit by the truck, she felt no pain, or her brain decided to shut off her pain receptor. Her eyes were losing their light; she looked above the sky with blurry eyes and felt her body temperature drop rapidly as she could hear many noises around, which she could guess were people trying to help her.

Her ears also slowly lost their function, making her unable to hear what people spoke or said. Despite many people trying to call an ambulance to take her, she closed her eyes, her heartbeat slowly losing, making her pass away, and her soul descends to Heaven. She tried to let it go and accept her death.

"Oh? Another dead soul comes, huh."

However, she then heard someone's voice. Her eyes suddenly opened, and she blinked before seeing someone above her. She was surprised with widened eyes; the person she saw chuckled before staying away from her. And that made her quickly wake up before she looked at that person who chuckled.

She then looked around with confusion before asking.

"W-Where am I?"

"You're in Afterlife... or, to be precise, the gate between Heaven and Hell."

Hearing those made the woman freeze up. However, she somehow remembered something and strangely became calm, piquing the interest of the person in front of her, who raised their eyebrow in curiosity.

"I see... so that means my soul is judged here and going to be decided where I belong. Right?"

"That's right. However, your fate didn't end just like this. You have earned a chance to do something that might benefit you later."

The woman was confused as she looked at the person, who she guessed to be a male for the lack of a better term, snapping his fingers and materializing a table. She could see several sheets of paper lying on the table. The man in front of her then continued what he said to her.

"By choosing anything from these sheets of paper that I already 'borrowed' from the real owner, you can have many benefits for your new life, your second life."

"New life, and... second life...? Does that mean I will get reincarnated or something?"

The man nodded and said, "Bingo!" before replying to me.

"Yes. You can choose anything from the papers here, and the content will apply. It's like choosing what kind of power, abilities, equipment, etc. Each sheet has a different rule, so please pick anything that suits you and no redo at choosing it."

Hearing that, the woman carefully looked at the papers on the table. She didn't want to make a hasty decision, and the man also seemed not to want to rush it, so she took her time. After several minutes, which was approximately 30 minutes, she chose and gave it back to him.

"Here. This is the one."

The man took the paper, saw some of the options that were checklist by her, and let out an amusing tone when he looked and nodded, then smiled.