Chapter 1 - Reborn or reincarnation?

Reincarnation always remains a mystery to the people of the modern world who have no magic, supernatural, fantasy, etc., since all they can do is advance their science and technology to make the impossible possible. However, thing such as reincarnation in a world where magic, supernatural, and so on exist is considered possible and only sometimes remains a mystery.

And something like that also happens to a girl who will be reincarnated or reborn as Toujou Koneko with a different background history than the usual one. Because of the lucky chance she encountered before being reborn, she gained an opportunity to have what kind of life she would be as Toujou Koneko in her new life.

Because of that, she will become Toujou Koenko, whose life wasn't the same as her canon self. She doesn't care even if it would overwrite the canon story since her existence is already shifting the Dragonic Deus world. It won't be exactly the same as the one she knew, and that's fine for her.

After she finished the reincarnation process, she found herself somewhere dark, and her ears oddly already could hear some voices, and because of that, she could guess that the place she was in right now was a womb, her second-life mother's womb. Also, she could think that the state of her body right now is still in the fetal condition, which makes her have to wait for at least nine months.

'Looks like I really reborn and... does that mean I will be Koneko, no, Shirone? Which name should I use, Shirone or Koneko? Since Koneko is the name given by Rias. Should I use Shirone, then? Since this will be vastly different than the canon plot. Maybe I use Koneko as my nickname and Shirone as my name. Yeah, that will do.'

She thought, nodding mentally after deciding what name she should and would use, since in the canon plot, Koneko or Shirone refused to use her old name due to the past that made her traumatic and later decided to use it as if it was her real name since she's gotten used to it. Though, Kuroka still called her Shirone.

'Well, then, all I have to do is practice magic during my time as a fetus since [Infinite Magic] didn't give me any spells. Also, thanks to [Hidden Power], I can hide my magic power so even someone outside here couldn't easily detect and find out about it. I will try the trick any isekai protagonist always uses, which is practicing some magic inside their mother's womb, so I can get stronger from the start since DxD or Dragonic Deus world is filled with so many powerful beings around.'

After that, Shirone starts her magic training inside her mother's womb while waiting for her to be born. Although she has so many advantages from the start due to the cheating she gets, it doesn't make her practice easy. Maybe it's 1000x times easier than others, but she still struggles. Shirone thought she only needed an instant to learn any spells or elements. However, it turned out that it took him an hour or more.

Shirone continues her practice and discovers that she has a talent for wielding all of the existing elements of magic, such as Fire Magic, Water Magic, Ice Magic, Wind Magic, Lightning Magic, Light Magic, and Darkness Magic. Although Shirone want to learn another type of magic, she stopped at that for now since she don't want to hurt or harm her mother.

'Let's stop it for now and continue later when I'm born.'

She thought as time passed and the time for her birth came as it was already around nine months long. As the time comes, Shirone's hearing becomes clearer as she can hear some voices outside the womb, and her body seems to be slowly being pushed.

"A bit more, madam. You can do it!"

"Yeah. Do your best, honey! We already can see the head."

"Sir is right, madam. Just a bit more, and we can see your daughter."

"I know! But... it still hurt...!"

"You can do it, Okaa-sama! I know you can!"

Hearing all of those voices, Toujou Fujimai, the mother of Shirone, and Kuroka, the wife of Toujou Tatsujin, smiled with sweat as she tried her best to ignore the pain and nodded understandingly. Meanwhile, Shirone, still in her mother's womb, smiled happily, hearing those voices outside.

'Looks like my family is really in happy and healthy condition. In canon, Shirone's father is a human who didn't acknowledge Shirone and Kuroka as his daughters, but this time is really different. And that makes me happy knowing it.'

After trying to push Shirone more, her second daughter came out, and Shirone immediately let out a cry to not make anyone suspicious of her if she didn't cry after being born. Seeing her daughter like that, Fujimai smiled happily while covered in sweat as the nurse took her daughter in their arms and told her in a congratulatory tone.

"Congratulations, madam, sir. Your second daughter is born healthy."

The nurse held Shirone and gave her to Fujimai, who then carefully held her daughter in her arms and smiled happily. She nodded and looked at her husband, who held Shirone's and his wife's hands.

"She's beautiful, honey."

"You're right, dear. Thanks for giving me another beautiful and precious daughter."

"I felt the same as you. And Kuroka, your sister, is here. What do you think?"

Tatsujin said, asking his first and oldest daughter, Kuroka, who went closer to them and watched Shirone as she smiled brightly.

"She is wonderful, Otou-sama, Okaa-sama! What her name will be?"

The black-haired older sister Nekoshu asked her parents, who looked at each other before nodding and smiling as if they had already decided something. Fujimai then took another good look at Shirone with her motherly look.

"I think she will be Shirone. Yes. Her name will be Toujou Shirone."

Tatsujin nodded in agreement, and so was Kuroka, bobbing her head happily with excitement and enthusiasm.

"That sounds fitting and perfect, honey. Her name will be Shirone, then."

"Yeah! Shirone! Her name will be Shirone, and I am Kuroka. Nice to meet you, Shirone."

She said, smiling at Shirone and taking her little sister's finger. Shirone let out a wide, happy smile in response to her big sister.