Chapter 8 - A Japanese Maid?

A month has passed since Himejima Shuri, who is on the brink of death, was saved by Shirone and took her along to her family as she will live with Shirone. She was forever grateful to Shirone for saving her from that, and she will forever owe a debt of gratitude to her.

During the first week of living with Toujou's family, Shuri was still a bit nervous trying to adjust to them. She also tries to be as polite as possible since the family is kind enough to accept or grant Shirone's request to make Shuri live with them, especially after the white-haired young girl tells her about Shuri's circumstances. Shuri was happy and joyous when they allowed her to live with them since she had nowhere to go.

Then, inthe last week of the month, she slowly felt comfortable and could adjust to being part of Shirone's family. Although they did not need a maid or anything like that, Shuri insisted on repaying their kindness by taking her in as their housemaid. Then, Tatsujin allowed her to be a maid of his family as her duty if she felt so, and because it was his second or younger daughter who found and saved her, Tatsujin then assigned Shuri as Shirone's personal maid.

She was shocked when she heard that and asked in disbelief.

"A-Are you sure about that, Tatsujin-sama?"

Tatsujin only nodded with certainty.

"I'm sure. You'll be Shirone's personal maid. I assigned you so. Did you have anything to say? Maybe if you are displeased or something. If so, I can arrange it; don't worry."

"No, no! It's my pleasure to be Shirone-sama's maid! I'm truly grateful for that chance, Tatsujin-sama."

She bowed politely, making Tatsujin nod, and crossed his arms before he replied to her.

"That's good. However, I have a feeling she will get another maid beside you in the future. Are you okay with that?"

"I don't mind it, Tatsujin-sama. If you think so, then I'll obliged to accept it, as I am just a maid for Shirone-sama."

"Well, Shirone and others would disagree with that. Anyway, you can begin your work today. Be sure to serve Shirone as her maid well, okay?"

She nodded while still bowing politely and said, "I'll do my best to meet your expectations, Tatsujin-sama." making the head of Toujou's family nod understandingly and smile, reassured before he left her alone and after seeing Tatsujin leaving, Shuri let out a sigh and looked up while wondered about something.

'To think I would be Shirone-sama's maid... her personal. This is unexpected, but I must do it to the best of my ability. I'll take care of Shirone-sama as her maid from now on.'

She nodded with determination shown on her face while slightly clenching her hands. Despite having little experience being a maid, Shuri knew they were at least the same as what she did as a housewife or something she strived to be—a Yamato Nadeshiko, the ideal Japanese woman, so she has a little confidence about it. She will do her best to make no mistake when serving Shirone as her maid.

After putting her resolve, Shuri quickly changed her clothes to the already prepared maid uniform. It's the standard maid uniform and fits her measurements since it was designed beforehand. Although Shuri is more Japanese, she doesn't hate anything about Western maid uniforms and understands that the maid originated from Europe or something as far as she remembers.

When she got to touch the uniform, Shuri immediately knew the fabric was from high-quality ingredients, which shocked her. That makes her hesitant since what she will wear is expensive and high-quality. However, remembering the family that took care of her and the Master she will serve, Shuri gives up the idea of rejecting it and immediately wears the maid uniform.

A few minutes later...

Shuri had already changed into her maid uniform and was now heading to Shirone, which is something she had remembered where her Master would be during this hour. Shuri then immediately went towards the underground training ground of the Toujou family, and as she made her way there, Shuri could hear loud voices like punching or blows as soon as she was close to the training ground.

As she knows that, Shuri then arrives at the front door, the training ground, and patiently waits for the training session Shirone has to end since it's also one of the responsibilities of anyone who works as a maid, according to Shuri. After several minutes of waiting, Shuri didn't hear any loud voices or sounds from inside, indicating that the training had either finished or Shirone was just taking a small break.

Using this chance, the black-haired woman who turned maid politely knocks on the door and calls her Master.

"Shirone-sama. It's Shuri. May I come in?"

"Yes, Shuri-san. You may."

Shirone answered quickly, and hearing that, Shuri slowly opened the door and noticed her Master, who seemed currently on break, wiping off some sweat from her body through the gym clothes she had by the towel on her shoulder. The white-haired girl noticed Shuri's presence and smiled, then greeted her.

"Good morning, Shuri-san."

Shuri nodded and bowed politely, replying to the greeting with, "Good morning too, Shirone-sama," before Shirone noticed what the black-haired woman wore and quickly guessed about it and then voiced her opinion.

"Oh. Is that a maid uniform? Did Otou-sama assign you to be my maid, Shuri-san?"

That question caused Shuri to blink in surprise as she couldn't believe it and merely nodded.

"Yes, Shirone-sama. How do you know about that?"

"Otou-sama already discussed that with me around a week ago, Shuri-san."

"I see. Then, as Tatsujin-sama orders, even though I'm inexperienced, I'll be your maid, Shirone-sama. I'll do my best to serve you as your maid."

Once again, she gracefully bowed to Shirone, who nodded and gave Shuri a smile of acknowledgment even though, in her opinion, Shuri didn't have to go far to be her maid, but since the black-haired woman is a bit stubborn, Shirone and her family has no choice but to assign Shuri to be Shirone's maid. Rejecting Shuri's request would lead them to a never-ending cycle of Shuri's stubbornness, and by accepting her request, everything will be good in the result.

"Then, since you're my maid—I'll be in your care from now on, Shuri-san."

"Yes, Shirone-sama. Please leave it to me, and you don't have to refer me formally since I'm your maid and you're my Master."

She said, smiling brightly and confident when Shirone entrusted herself to Shuri, and what she said caused the white-haired girl to nod.

"Alright, then, Shuri."