Fallen Mother

Heavy breath and cold coursing through her body are what Himejima Shuri could feel right now with herself. Her body temperature dropped drastically as more blood flowed out, making her breathe heavily as her vision also became blurry. She felt like she had no energy to do something so simple as to utter a word. However, expressing a bitter yet kind smile is somehow a thing that she could do at this moment.

"Akeno, Baraqiel... I'm sorry that I will leave you two. Forgive me for being such a bad mother and wife. I hope you two will be well."

She was left alone there in her home. Without anyone besides her, she waits for the inevitable moment that her soul leaves the body and ascends to Heaven or maybe Hell since she doesn't know which one will be her destination after death.

Shuri still smiled as her vision became blurrier and her breathing was heavier and muttered, "Looks like my time has come... sorry, Akeno, Baraqiel." After she muttered that, she was about to accept her death before a small figure of a young girl with short white hair and gold eyes flashed in her vision, and heard a voice.

"Don't worry, I will save you."

After hearing those words, Shuri's body glowed a dim light, and she somehow felt herself better. That makes her eyes wide open in shock as her vision becomes clear, and she can see what is happening to her. Her body temperature suddenly returned to normal, and her breath was the same. The injuries her body had was nowhere to be found as she saw the person who did that. She didn't feel any pain that was there before as it was gone entirely.

"I was... saved...?"

Shuri then lifted her upper body after checking her body condition and looked at the girl she suspected had just saved her life. Understanding the look Shuri gave her, the white-haired girl, or Toujou Shirone, opened her mouth and said something.

"Thank goodness I made it in time. Is your body okay? Is there anything wrong or something you feel?"

"I am okay and... thank you for saving me. But why did you do that?"

"Think nothing of it and... I just happened to pass by here."

Shirone told her as she tried to remember what happened earlier before she decided to save and heal someone that she didn't know, at least according to Shuri herself, since Shirone already knew who the woman she had just saved was. She is Akeno's mother and one of the reasons why she hates her father and fallen angel heritage.

It all happened when Shirone tried to go to a different route for her morning jog. Because of a coincidence, she arrived at the residence of Himejima's family and saw Shuri lying down with a pool of blood below her body with little breath left. Knowing that Shirone quickly approached Shuri and healed her was much to her relief as she could be saved as Shirone wasn't late at doing it, or if she did, then Shuri's life would cease to exist.

'Canon is gone and replaced by a new take, so it would be stupid if I tried to maintain it, especially since Issei's existence, which is now known as Isami since he is a she now. Although it will have a different turn, some general knowledge about this world or dimension—Dragonic Deus—is still relevant to some points. From now on, I must be stronger and smarter than anyone else to protect myself and the people I care about. I also have to expect some unknown variables that deviate from canon events. Despite how ridiculous the show is, the world of Dragonic Deus or DxD is extremely dangerous with so many powerful beings or creatures that easily threaten someone.'

She contemplated it before Shirone shook her head and looked at Shuri, who looked at her with admiration and confusion. And seeing those expressions, Shirone said something before Shuri could interject her.

"I know it sounds silly and unbelievable, but that is what really happened. I have known about the supernatural since I am from a family with a supernatural background and live in this town. And I didn't use Phoenix Tear or any item like that since I don't have any, so I treated you with my own healing magic."

"That's... incredible, but... have you seen a small girl around me? She has the same features as me but younger..."

Shuri's worried face makes Shirone have no choice but to shake her head, causing the black-haired woman to gasp in despair and shock.

"Unfortunately, I didn't see anyone. Only you here. Alone. Is she your daughter? If so, I can only say she might think of you already dead and leaving to go somewhere or..."

She didn't finish the last sentence, giving Shuri more despair as she sobbed, letting out some tears from her eyes and knowing that Shirone tried to comfort Shuri by patting the woman's head, who had just gone from sobbing to a loud cry. After several minutes, as if she was already a bit calm or enough, Shuri didn't cry anymore and looked at Shirone.

"Thank you for saving me, um..."

That made Shirone blink before she understood and quickly introduced herself to her.

"Shirone. My name is Toujou Shirone. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Toujou-san. My name is Himejima Shuri and... I am really grateful for you saving me despite the fact we are strangers. I will remember this forever."

She slightly bowed at Shirone to thank her, and Shirone only shook her head in response to that. After all, it was a lifetime debt that Shuri owed to Shirone since she bravely enough to save someone whom she barely knew (at least according to Shuri).

"You don't have to, but if you think so, then I will try to respect that. Anyway, since I already saved you, what would you do, Himejima-san?"

"Please, you can just call me Shuri, and for that... I have nowhere to go. If I were to try to find my daughter or husband, it would surely give them another trouble that might trigger something like this to happen again."

Hearing the worry from Shuri somewhat makes sense. If she went to Akeno, who she knew that already being taken by the Himejima Clan, Shuri would not be welcomed by them as she was branded as a traitor. She also couldn't go to where her husband was because it would alert some trouble being found by the Himejima Clan since fallen angels are one of the three Great Faction.

After contemplating it a bit, Shirone then comes to a decision and looks at Shuri.

"Then, how about coming with me? My family would surely be able to house and protect you from that, Shuri-san."

That made Shuri blink in confusion and surprise before she looked at Shirone with unsure.

"Are you serious, Toujou-san?"

"Yes, Shuri-san, and you can just call me Shirone. How about that?"

Shuri looked down for a moment before nodding.

"Yes, please, Shirone-san. I might trouble you for that or in the future."

"It's nothing to be worried about, Shuri-san."