Chapter 13 - Asking the family

Gathering enough courage, Shuri swallowed her saliva and told Shirone about the thing that was currently bothering her as the white-haired young girl decided to listen to her personal or private maid. Although it is something that she has already predicted, Shirone carefully listens and understands Shuri's worries.

After a few minutes of explaining with so much emotion showed on Shuri, hoping what she told her Master would be granted and accepted, Shirone gave her several nods. When the black-haired widow finished then, Shirone gave her respond.

"...I see. I understand it, Shuri."

"Then, Shirone-sama, can you please... help me to find Akeno? Could you and everyone... help me to find my dear daughter Akeno?"

"Of course, Shuri. I'd love to help you."

Shuri's face brightened with hope when Shirone said that and continued.

"As I said, you can come and talk with us if you have any problem since we're a family now, and your concern or problem is also ours."

She didn't know why, but the way Shirone said that made Shuri unexpectedly blush as her face went red. It's not like she is inexperienced in love or romantic stuff, but when Shirone says, "family," Shuri's heart feels warm and beating up so fast, as if she has regressed to a young teenage girl who never experienced love or romantic stuff.

Shuri can't help but love Shirone even more, and she is already certain of it. Her feeling can't be a lie. She hoped that Shirone and her would be able to be together in a romantic way, not just as Master and Servant or family.

She nodded and smiled at Shirone before replying to her Master.

"Yes, thank you for that, Shirone-sama. I'm truly thankful for that from the bottom of my heart."

"It's okay, and don't thank me yet since I still have not done it. Anyway, if you want to see your daughter and maybe bring her here, do you know anything about it? Maybe like a hint where she is would be?"

In response to Shirone's words, Shuri began to think about it and trace back the countless memories in her head, going further deeper for several seconds before something came through her mind as if she already found what is she looking for.

"The high possibility my family, the Himejima family, would take Akeno."

"I see... if I recall, Himejima Clan is one of the Five Principal Clans in Japan alongside Nakiri, Kushihashi, Doumon, and Shinra."

"Yes, Shirone-sama. They, the Five Principal Clans, are a powerful clan of mystics linked to the Shinto gods and having served them for generations, as well known for purifying evil spirits."

Shirone could feel 'but' in the way Shuri was about to say as she displayed worries before she then continued.

"But... they are... I doubt they would care that much for Akeno since she is the daughter of a human and a fallen angel, the mixed race. They're also the ones who banished me from the clan, droving me and... almost killed me too..."

"So that means she still wanders around and hides herself from the Himejima Clan... or maybe taken by someone else other than the Himejima?"

"It seems so, Shirone-sama and I hope it would be the latter. But I also can't help to worry if the person who took Akeno would treat her with care or not."

Shuri's extreme worry about Akeno is normal since Akeno is her daughter, and Shuri loves Akeno so much while also missing her. She wants to raise and take care of Akeno again, making her beloved daughter safe here.

Although Shirone knows about it, she is still cautious and wonders if there are some differences again with Akeno's canon event and fate. She hoped Rias would already take Akeno under her and thought that she wouldn't show up for certain reasons.

"Alright, don't worry, Shuri. I'll take care of that."

Giving her answer to her maid, Shuri was happy and overjoyed, filled with hope hearing that from her beloved Master. She cannot thank Shirone enough for granting her selfish request like that, and that will remain as her life's debt to Shirone and the Toujou family.

"Thank you, Shirone-sama. But would Tatsujin-sama and Fujimai-sama allow it?"

"I'm sure they are since they are my parents, and both Otou-sama and Okaa-sama are kind, so don't worry too much about it. Everything will be fine, but if you want to ensure it, we should tell this to Otou-sama and Okaa-sama to see what they think of it."

"I appreciated it, Shirone-sama."

With that decision, Shirone, followed by Shuri, then immediately went to Tatsujin and Fujimai where so they could talk about the plan to find or look for Akeno. When the white-haired young girl tries to find her father and mother, they're in the same place around the home, and later, her sister, Kuroka, also joins them.

After all the people gathered, Shirone then spoke to them about her and Shuri's plan of having to find Akeno and listened to it for a while; both parents and Kuroka agreed and gave their permission to Shirone.

"That's sounds good and if it Shuri's daughter, then I don't see why we're not helping her."

Tatsujin voiced his opinion, and Fujimai nodded in agreement with her husband.

"He's right. When I heard that, I also began to worry and sad about how your daughter's condition will be, Shuri-san. A little girl, alone without someone or an adult at her side, is making me worry."

"Me too. I think it's a good idea, and Shirone would have a new friend here if we take her under our care."

Kuroka said as she was busy hugging her beloved sister and showering her with all her love, making Shirone's face blush in embarrassment, but she couldn't deny that she was enjoying this treatment from her older sister.

Clearing her throat, Shirone tried to brush off her blush and thanked her family.

"Thank you, Otou-sama, Okaa-sama, Onee-sama. I also worried about Akeno-san, and I want Shuri to reunite with her daughter."

Her parents chuckled amusingly and shook their heads as Tatsujin then spoke in response.

"That's no problem, my daughter, and you don't have to feel bad for it, too, Shuri. Anyway, maybe we should ask our acquaintances or friends for that. Maybe someone like the Maou, Angels, or Fallens for the faster route."

"The faster, the better, nya."

Everyone's agreed with Kuroka and Tatsujin on that. Time is of the essence in this, and they cannot afford to be slow or leisurely, as Akeno's safety is important to them.