4. The Best

The Rajput's......
The leading business of India..... The head office situated at Jaipur, Rajasthan.... Was bustling with employees running here and there.....
Why?

Because today was the day they were finalizing the new project with the delegates from Milan. Their upcoming deals were all about expanding in Italy.

A black BMW stopped right in front of the company. Came down The CEO. Mr Abhimanyu Rajput, followed by his younger brother Mr Abhir Rajput.

The bustling came to a sudden stop when the Rajput brothers were spotted and everyone halted at their places to wish them goodmorning and was wished back by the younger one, but the older Rajput just responded with a nod and ascended towards his cabin.

Just entering his cabin, Abhimanyu opened his coat and hanged it on the shoulder of his chair and started one last time rummaging through the presentation.

There was a certain emotion lingering in his eyes. Nervous? Nah..... Confidence.

Something came up within him so he summoned his secretary, Yash.

"Good morning sir, here is your today's schedule. Meeting with the Milan delegates sharp at 10, followed by a lunch, and another meeting at 5 with the board about the progress of the newly opened hotels across South." Yash dutifully stated.

"All right Yash, do one thing, send Ms. Malhotra in my cabin ASAP."

Yash nodded and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the interior department......

Ahana was looking after all the final slides and preparing herself for the presentation. She was the most efficient one to do so, but still she prepared everytime as if it was her fast.

"Ms. Malhotra, sir is calling you in his cabin, right now" Yash informed Ahana.

"Ab iss khadoos ko kya chahiye Yash? Isn't he happy with anything he gets?"
(What does this arrogant want now?)

Yash chuckled on hearing the endearment Ahana gave her boss.

"Mujhe kaise pata? Khud jake dekho" Yash shrugged.
(How would I know? Go and find out on your own)

Ahana went to meet her boss.
With a knock at the door, she heard a 'come in' and entered the cabin.

"Good Morning sir, you asked for me?"

"Oh, yes Ms Malhotra. Have a seat". Ahana nodded and sat down.

"How's your prep going? All ok?" Abhimanyu asked, his eyes fixed on the laptop placed on his table.

"Absolutely ok sir. Everything's perfect." Ahana answered.

"Ok, so I wanted you to know that you will be presenting right after Hemant concludes. And keep in mind......" Abhimanyu continued.

"Itni lecture Dene ki kya jarurat hai? As if it's the first time I'm going to present in a meeting. Huh!" Ahana scoffed inside her head.
(What is the need of lecturing this much?)

After Abhimanyu completed his so called wrap ups, Ahana left the cabin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ahana's POV

It was 1 pm, when the meeting came to an end. 3 hours it was, hella long. But it was a success. Mr Bratty Rajput, I mean my boss signed the deal with the delegates. I was about to leave when......

"Mr Rajput, I must say that you have got a gem like Ms Malhotra in your company. She is such a talent, I've worked with many and seen many, but I must say, she is different. She is the one who impressed me the most with her designs and unique thoughts." Said Mr Mark, the foreign client we were working with.
Mr Bratty Rajput smiled on the comment.

"Thank you so much for your compliments Mr Mark. I'm looking forward to work with you again in near future" I shook my hand with him and said.

"Absolutely, Ms Malhotra. And if you ever think of getting a better place, please remember to contact me once, I'll be happy to have you with us" Mr Mark stated.

Well, this was unexpected and the first time ever that I got an offer right infront of my Boss. Me as well as Mr Bratty Rajput was taken aback I could say.

I was about to answer when....

"I don't think she would accept a better place, leaving the best, isn't it Ms Malhotra?" Abhimanyu Rajput stated and questioned me.

Ab main kya bolu? Aisi sawal ka kya jarurat tha? Par Han, aise hi bratty wala behaviour dikhaoge to pakka chali jaungi.
(What should I say now? What was the need of this? But, I would definitely accept their offer if you continue with your bratty behaviour) I thought.

I was about to say and again I was cut off....

"No worries young man, I just gave the option, I'm not taking her away" said Mr Mark.

"I would take my leave now, once again Thank you Mr Mark for your compliments" I said and left the cabin.

I came back to my desk. I actually sit with my department, but being the HOD, I do have a different desk. Like a coop you can say.

"Oye, won't you have your lunch?" Shraddha asked.

Well she's such a sweetheart.

"Let's go. Kahi bahar chale?" I asked.
(Let's go outside?)

-----------------Time skip ----------------

We were having our lunch at my favourite restaurant. That also savouring my favourite dish: Biriyani, that also Kolkata style.

Mumma's blood, you know.

I was happily munching on my food when Shraddha asked me the most unwanted question..

"Tu abhi bhi Abhimanyu k liye kuch feel karti hai, hai na?"
(You still feel something for Abhimanyu, isn't it?)

I was halted on my place...........

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

To be continued..........

Hey, how are you feeling about the progress?

Lemme know.....
Do Comment readers...........

Happy Reading 😊😊