12. Welcoming

Ahana POV

Currently me and Abhimanyu are settled in a car. We already landed here in Jaipur. Others were coming in different cars.

I was looking outside the window. The last time I left this city four days ago as Ms Ahana Malhotra and now I returned as Mrs Ahana Abhimanyu Rajput. These four days changed my life forever.

"Can I ask you something?" Abhimanyu suddenly asked me.

I nodded.

"Do you want us, I mean this marriage to work out?" He asked with curiosity.

"Are you sure you can leave your bachelor life, your parties, your girlfriends, your hook ups within one day?" I asked him back.

There was a silence.

"Exactly that's my answer. Silence. We cannot decide this thing over just a day. I need time, you also need time. So let's not take steps hastily. If this marriage is destined to stay, it will, if it isn't destined to stay, it won't." I reasoned with him.

"Then what's exactly is the relation between us?" He asked.

"See, Officially we are married, but neither of us wants to publicise it. Till then, we can stay as friends". I suggested.

"Hmm, good suggestion. Well, have you thought anything about Office? Like, I mean to say, will you continue your office?" He asked.

"Why won't I go to office? Obviously I will, if you and my in-laws won't have any problem!" I laughed at the last sentence.

"But, I want, that in the office, we will stay like we used to. No talks except work, and no signs that would make this marriage obvious. I hope you're getting my point. I want us to say like we used to."

He nodded.

Our conversation continued and soon we reached home.

Others reached earlier there.

Maa was standing with a thali of Aarti (platter of Aarti). Baba was also there along with Abhir and my colleagues.

I spotted an older couple standing there.

Abhimanyu seemed to notice my expressions and so he said
"That's dadu and dadi. Mr Suryavansh Rajput and Mrs Kalyani Rajput." He said and smiled.
(That's grandpa and grandma)

"Aao beta, andar aao" maa said after completing our aarti. I kicked the Kalash and entered the mansion as she asked me to.
(Come dear, come inside)

The younger clan, I mean Abhir and my colleagues blasted the confettis in order to welcome me.

I was first guided towards the mandir in the house along with Abhimanyu and took blessings from the Radha-Govind idol placed over there.

Next I was guided back to the hall and I took blessings from Dadu and Dadi by touching their feet.

"Khush raho beta, jeeti raho" dadu blessed me.
(Stay happy and live long)

"Saada suhagan Raho. Apni pati ke pyar ke rang me hamesha range raho." Dadi blessed me.
(Always be wedded. Stay hued with the colour of your husband's love)

I flashed a genuine smile at them.

"Chalo, akhir mere pote ne ek accha kam kiya hai. Ek saahi Kam Kiya hai." Dadu laughed.
(Finally my grandson did a good and a right job)

"Dekho kitni pyaari Hain hamari poti. Bahu, ishe samal ke rakhna. Heera hai yeh Heera. Meri itni saal ki umar keh rhi hai ki yeh ish Ghar mein khushi hamesha banaye rakhegi" Dadi said to maa and patted my head.
(See, my grandmother is so sweet. Daughter-in-law keep her safe. She's a pure gem. My this long experience is saying that she will always keep everyone happy in this House)