21. I'm here for you

Abhimanyu POV

I was leaving for home when my pace halted infront on the interior department hearing Ahana's shoutings and she slapped Yuvraj. After seeing me standing there, she whispered something in Misha's ear and left the place.

"Get back to work, Right now" I roared with my authorative voice. The place was cleared within a minute or less.

Misha came and told me

"Ahana told me to inform you that she'll be waiting for you outside the gate." I nodded and was about to leave when..

"Abhimanyu, Ahana will be emotionally a little weak now. I know she is strong enough and will not show you or let you know anything, but let me tell you, Yuvraj once proposed Ahana. She rejected politely but Yuvraj started to follow and stalk her and one day, he tried to harass her physically. Have this information with you till now, rest Ahana will let you know when time will come. But take care of her, no one in her family knows about the incident. She still gets flashes of that day on seeing Yuvraj and she will be very vulnerable today. So..."

"I got it Misha. No worries. She is my wife, my responsibility and my priority " she gently pressed my hand and I left.

I got into my car and drove outside the office to see Ahana standing, looking at the blank sky. Her trance broke hearing the sound of the wheels and she entered the car, giving me a warm smile. But after that no one of us spoke a single word. There was an eerie silence in the car. Ahana was looking outside the window. I held her hand and caressed it a little. After sometime, I noticed she fell asleep. We were just a minute away from the mansion when I got Baba's call

"Abhimanyu, don't bring Ahana home today,take her to your penthouse. Your Maa's friend Parvati and her daughter Jhanvi is here. I know everything beta that's why I'm telling you not to come back. I'll handle the situation here. I've also informed Abhir. Take care". The call was ended.

Thanks to baba for informing. Like, the hell she is going to stay at our mansion. No one in the family likes the mother- Daughter duo that much. Maa likes Parvati aunty as she is her childhood friend, but Jhanvi isn't that much liked in the family. We can't even ask them to stay at some other place because it's dadi's principal to pay respect to guests. That's why they are granted stay.

I took a u-turn and drove towards my penthouse which was just 3-4 kms from my office. I bought that house for when I worked late at night and didn't feel like returning home.

It's a small yet cosy house. When we reached, it was almost 7:30. I entered the house with Ahana in my arms. Johny was there. He usually takes care of the house. He is Ramu kaka's son. Johny also helps his father in the cafe at the office and also looks after my penthouse.

I went straight to my room upstairs and placed Ahana in the bed. She seemed to be in a deep sleep. I stood there looking at her with adoration. Her hair which was then tied into a bun were a bit messier falling over her forehead. She was looking so cute.

I had my spare clothes here. I took one tshirt and a sweatpant and went inside the bathroom to change. I came back about 10 minutes when I saw her stirring in sleep.

I thought to wake her up otherwise she won't be able to sleep at night.

"Ahana, Ahana wake up" nothing happened

"Ahana, wake up baby! You need to freshen up" I shook her a little.

After a minute or so of calling and shaking her she finally woke up with a frown on her beautiful face.

"Where are we, Abhi?" She asked in her cute sleepy voice.

"At my penthouse" I replied

"Why? Suddenly? Is everything ok?" She asked jolting up in her place.