Chapter 1

I felt pins and needles on every inch of my body, as well as freezing cold air. I feel like I can't move my body, the pain in my chest worsening by the second. I slowly started peeling my eyelids open, the sudden realization really hitting me once I seen the dirty ceiling and the peeling wallpaper. My eyes suddenly shot open as my heart started beating way too fast inside my chest. Where am I? This definitely isn't my bedroom. I struggled to breathe due to the poor air flow and struggled to sit up, but once I sat up and the whole room came into view, I couldn't stop the hot tears from flying down my cheeks.

I crawled back against the wall behind me once I realized I wasn't alone in this room. There were seven other people asleep on the floor, all of them looked like they could be murderers or something, especially the tall buff guy on the floor in the middle of the room. I started hyperventilating as my back quickly hit the wall, pulling my knees up to my chest and hugging my legs. "Are you okay?" Said a strange voice from the corner of the room. My head shot in the direction the voice came from as I jumped in fear, scanning the area with my eyes frantically until they landed on a faint figure sitting across the dark room.

"Who are you?" I choked up through a very raspy voice, before quickly clearing my throat. "I'm Daniel, I woke up here too." The boy said shakily from the corner of the room. He sounds young, like he could be about my age, but then again voices doesn't always match age. "What's your name?" He asked once again through his shaky voice. "Why would I tell you that? How do I know you're not a fucking murderer?" I asked cautiously, hugging my legs tighter as the fear kept building up. Daniel didn't say anything back, the room fell into an uncomfortable silence that honestly scared me even more.

The sound of something lightly scratching against the floor broke the dead silence, followed by the sound of light footsteps. My heart felt like it could pop out of my chest at any time, I've never been more scared in my entire life. I never thought I'd ever get kidnapped. I slowly looked up as the faint shadow across the room started getting closer, and closer. I was expecting Daniel to be like the other people in the room, scary looking adults. But boy was I wrong. "Do I look like a murderer?" He asked as he walked over to the end of the wall I'd been sitting against, making himself comfortable in the corner and looking over at me.

I paused for a moment, looking at the boy in complete shock. He had curly brown hair, bright blue eyes and didn't look very tall or muscular. So he is as young as he sounds, I guess I'm not the only kid here. "No." I finally answered, looking away from Daniel and staring down at the ground instead. "How old are you? You don't look much older than me." He asked curiously, his eyes travelling all over my face and body. "Seventeen, turning eighteen in a week." I admitted as I started shaking dye to how cold it was. "I'm glad that I'm not the only teenager here, I'm seventeen too." He added, making me feel a bit more comfortable. At least now I know that there's someone else here who's not only just as scared and confused as me, but also the same age as me too.

I have no idea what any of us are doing here or what's supposed to happen next, but the others slowly started waking up one by one as the minutes went by. It had been about ten minutes of sitting here and there was now only one person still passed out. I know in situations like this you can't trust anyone, and I'm not. But I decided to stay close to Daniel because he seemed like the least scary person in this room. I sat a few feet away from Daniel, watching skeptically as the others desperately tried to find a way out of this cold room.

"She's still breathing." A tall strange dark-skinned man, named Jonas announced from the middle of the room, crouched down beside the girl that was still passed out. "What is this, house arrest?" A pretty yet mean looking girl, named Addison asked as she slowly walked away from the heavy metal door she'd been trying to open for the past few minutes. "We in jail?" She asked once more, looking around at the other people standing up. I tuned out of the conversation and turned to face Daniel. "Do you think we're all going to die in here?" I asked hopelessly. He looked at me with a blank expression and shrugged his shoulders. "I hope not, but who knows." He said truthfully, his honest response sending a chill down my spine.