Chapter 17

~One month later~

Daniel had insisted on introducing me to his friends, and I agreed because I've been living here for a while now and I still don't have any friends. "You look nervous." Daniel stated. "I am nervous." I replied whilst scratching my arm. "Don't be, they're really nice, I promise they'll like you." He commented confidently, speaking very highly of his friends as usual.

He invited five of his friends over. Their names are Dominic, Jaylen, Myles, Dakota and Anna. If I remember correctly, Dominic and Anna are siblings, and so are Jaylen and Myles. "They should be here any minute now." Daniel pointed out whilst leaning out the opened window, trying to glance down the street to see if they were walking down the street yet.

I set my pillow up against the wall and leaned back on it, sitting with my legs extended out in front of me. Don't get me wrong I'm really excited to meet them, and I agree with Daniel and Charlotte that it would be good for me to have friends in the neighborhood. But because of all of the past experiences I have meeting new people, I'm so scared.

My heart feels like it's going to pop right out of my chest, and for some reason it's like I could feel my heartbeat through my whole body, making this awfully familiar feeling, feel way worse. I subconsciously started picking at my nails causing the side of my nail to start bleeding a little bit.

When I looked down and seen the blood I was shocked because It hadn't been hurting. I quickly pulled the sleeve for my sweater over my hands before Daniel backed away from the window and sat back down on his bed. "Did you see them?" I asked dryly, feeling really tired due to lack of sleep.

"Yeah." He replied happily, clearly very excited to see his friends again. I understand why he's this happy though, he hasn't seen them since the day of the game. The thought of that night sending a chill down my spine, I never want to experience something like that ever again. It's given me nightmares, and made me randomly burst out in tears. I've had to hide so many break downs from Daniel, which isn't easy since we share a room.

"I can hear them at the door." He mumbled excitedly whilst jumping up from his bed and walking over to the door, pulling the door open and staring down the hallway. As soon as his friends started walking down the hallway he gasped dramatically and held his arms out, a girl quickly running straight into his arms causing the two of them to stumble back a little.

He greeted the rest of his friends as they approached our bedroom, everyone quickly walking inside and closing the door behind them. "Oh! You must be Maddie!" The girl who is obviously Anna, mentioned through a gasp. Walking over and hesitantly sitting on the side of my bed. "Daniel told us so much about you, it's nice to finally meet you." She said kindly, whilst holding her hand out.

"You must be Anna, It's nice to meet you too." I replied politely, smiling at her and reaching my hand out to shake hers. "I'm so happy that there's another girl in the group now." She stated through a sigh, crossing her legs and moving back a bit on my bed. "And this is my less attractive twin brother, Dominic." She said dryly, pointing at the guy who'd pulled up Daniel's desk chair and sat in between our beds.

He looks really tall and kind of skinny. His long brown hair hanging messily just above his shoulders, with a blue baseball cap on top of his head. He has brown eyes and light freckles on his nose with a tiny moustache that's barely visible above his top lip. He wore a plain black shirt with black ripped jeans, a black playboy belt keeping the loose jeans from falling down his legs.

"Nice to meet you miss." He said whilst nodding his head and smiling at me, a scoff quickly leaving Anna's lips. "Please stop." She said as she shook her head side to side, a few of the other boys laughing. "Real shit, stop it Dom." One of the boys that sat on Daniel's bed commented sarcastically.

"I'm Myles by the way, and this is my baby brother, Jaylen." He stated kindly, motioning to the younger looking boy beside him. Myles is kind of skinny, like Dominic. He has wavy brown hair that falls down in front of his forehead with bright blue eyes, and a really nice smile. He's wearing a black and white Dickies hoodie with grey sweatpants, nearly matching with his brother.

Jaylen looks exactly like Myles only a bit younger, his hair a bit longer as well. "And the shy dork over there, is Dakota." Daniel added, pointing to the guy that sat down at the end of Daniel's bed with his back against the wall. I couldn't really see him because he's sitting beside Jaylen and Myles, so I just nodded my head.

Jaylen and Myles quickly realized that they had been sitting in front of him this whole time, and moved back to the far side of the bed and leaning their backs against the wall like Dakota, Daniel's bed surprisingly still having a lot of space on it. When they moved out of the way and Dakota slowly came into view, my heart pounded a bit heavier in my chest, the feeling making me look away.

Dakota is lightskin and has braids with bright green eyes, freckles all over his face and thick lips with braces. He had a silver chain and a silver necklace with a pink heart pendant on it. He wore a slightly oversized white shirt with grey sweatpants , and had a few rings on his fingers. One of the rings on his finger matching the necklace he wore, the silver ring having a light pink heart on top of it.

"I'm not shy and I'm not a dork." He argued back, his voice very deep and quiet. "You're the dork here, Danny!" Jaylen called out whilst picking up one of Daniel's pillows and smacking him in the head with it. "Shut the fuck up, Jaylen. you're a kid. Pipe down." Daniel spat back, all of the guys laughing at the comment, every guy except Jaylen.

"Okay, Mr-Never-had-My-First-kiss." Jaylen snapped back, all of the guys quickly gasping and a few muttering, "Ooouu." "Okay, you know what." Daniel said through a chuckle, sitting up on his knees and staring at Jaylen. "What?" Jaylen asked sarcastically. Daniel quickly pouncing at Jaylen and tackling him, the two of them wrestling on his bed.

I furrowed my brows together and leaned my head to the side, watching all of the guys start acting like actual clowns. "You see what I've been dealing with?" Anna asked through a stressed tone, a laugh escaping my lips as I turned to look at her. "Now I get why you're happy that I'm here." I stated as I started loosening up a bit, turning my body to the side and sitting back against the wall to face Daniel's bed. Anna quickly scooting back to sit next to me.

Anna and I laughed at the boys as they goofed around, occasionally making a comment or yelling something out. Hanging out with Daniel's friends is turning out to be really fun, I was really nervous earlier but now that they're here and we're all having fun together, I can see why he always speaks so highly of them. They're funny creative and real people, I can definitely tell that Anna and I are gonna be really good friends.

A/n: I know my chapters are getting shorter and I'm sorry! I'm really behind in school and I have writers block so it's hard for me to find the words and the motivation. But I try to come on here and write a little bit every day even if it's only a couple words, I'm really trying to get it fully published for you guys. And also thank you so much for 2k reads! That's insane especially since it hasn't even been that long since I've started this story. Whenever I have free time in class I try to think hard about ideas for this story and I write them down, so look for all of the updates because I promise I've written down some crazy ideas in my notebook. I hope you guys liked this chapter and as always let me know what you think of the story so far and if you like it. Thank you for reading my story and I hope you enjoy the rest of it, happy reading my loveliesss! <3

Word count: 1478