Chapter 5

Jonas took off after Xavier while Laura, Addison, Amanda, Daniel and I all stayed together. Addison walked ahead leading us down the hallway, Amanda had her arm around Laura helping her walk down the hallway since she was too weak to walk by herself due to the gas. And Daniel was helping me walk, now for more then just one reason, thanks to Xavier. Laura collapsed on the floor once we reached the turn at the end of the hall, Amanda immediately crouching down to see if she was okay. "No, we can't stop." Addison said as she stumbled back against the wall, looking back at the four of us.

"Shit." Amanda whined as she lifted up Laura's limp head and placed it on her lap. "We've been here for two hours, if what that tape says is true. That door will open in one hour." Addison said, ignoring the one important thing about what the tape said. "We're not gonna make it that long." Amanda snapped, sounding beyond annoyed with Addison at this point. "That's a real winning attitude." Addison spat back with an attitude. "She knows what she's talking about." Daniel added, defending Amanda. "Oh, yeah?" Addison said with even more of an attitude.

"X marks the spot." Laura said groggily as she struggled to keep her eyes open. "What?" Amanda asked as she held Laura's head in her lap. "X marks-- X marks the spot. There's the answer." Laura explained as she pointed up at a picture hanging from the wall, with an X shaped crack in the middle. Addison lifted the painting off of the wall and turned it around, immediately picking something up from the back of it and staring down at it. "What are you doing with him?" She asked as she looked up from the small picture and stared at Daniel.

Daniel quickly took a step forward and grabbed the picture out of Addison's hand. I was standing behind Daniel, so it wasn't until he took the picture from Addison when I'd seen who was in it with him. "This is your father?" Addison asked in disbelief. "What, you know him?" Daniel asked sounding surprised. Now it's all making sense. Everyone that woke up here has been arrested before, and it just so happens that Daniel's dad is the cop that framed me and got me locked up. Daniel's dad didn't just frame me, he framed us all. "That's the man that framed me." I said as I grabbed the picture from Daniel and stared at the man who could have ruined my life.

"He's the guy that put me away, too. He set me up." Addison said as she glared at Daniel. "Tell me that's not your father." Amanda cried out whilst shaking her head. The hallway went quiet after that, nobody said anything. Amanda just cried and Addison just glared at Daniel. The silence was growing uncomfortable, until sudden gasping broke it. I looked down at the floor behind me and seen that Laura had started seizing. Amanda held her head in place in attempt to get her body to stop, but it didn't work. Laura just kept seizing until her heart stopped. "I can't trust any of you." Addison said as she slowly started backing up, still giving Daniel dirty looks.

"You three are on your own." Was the last thing Addison said before turning around and taking off down the hallway. Leaving Amanda, Daniel and I on our own. "Now we know what we have in common." Amanda said as she slowly stood up and leaned against the wall. "Amanda, please. I didn't know--" Daniel said desperately, as Xavier's voice suddenly drew in our attention. "Amanda, kid where are you?" He called out through the house. Amanda didn't say anything more, just disappeared down the side of the hallway we'd just come from.

"Please don't leave me." Daniel whined sadly, leaning back against the wall and throwing his head back in defeat. "I'm not gonna leave." I stated as I limped over beside Daniel and leaned against the wall beside him. "Promise?" He asked whilst slowly turning his head to face me. "Promise." I said through a smile, quickly glancing down at my hand when I felt something brush against it. It was Daniel's hand. I found myself smiling even harder when I realized Daniel brushed his hand against mine, I took the hint and slowly slipped my hand into his. He was quick to intertwine our fingers and squeeze my hand.