Chapter 18

I hung up my phone and tossed it onto my bed beside me, quickly jumping up from my bed and walking over to my dresser. "Where are you going?" Daniel asked whilst sitting up in his bed and turning to face me. "Where are we going." I corrected him, enunciating the word we. "Anna called me and told me to come to the mall with her, Dominic and Dakota. And you're coming, so get dressed." I explained quickly, not giving him enough time to protest before walking out of the bedroom and heading for the bathroom with my clothes.

I slipped on a spaghetti strap tank top, with pink and grey stripes on it and a skull in the middle. Pulling a pair of jean shorts over my legs and putting a white belt through the loops. After I finished changing I went back to the bedroom and smiled when I seen Daniel already dressed and sitting on the side of his bed. "You ready?" I asked happily, surprised at how excited I am to see people.

"Yeah, let's go." He said through a sigh whilst getting up from his bed and walking across the room, the two of us walking downstairs together and quickly slipping on our shoes.
When we got to the mall my eyes couldn't focus on one thing, there are so many different stores, it's huge. I'd never been to a mall before, my mom and Vicky are the material girls of the family, not me.

The only shopping I ever did was grocery shopping. And even that was more like grocery stealing. "Where did Anna say they were?" I asked as we walked through the crowded building, the large amount of people in here giving me a little bit of anxiety. "She said they're at a store called Diva, I think I've seen that before." He stated deep in thought, trying to remember which way he went when he saw it.

"I seen it when I was on my way to, EB games. And that's this way." He figured it out quickly and pointed down the left side of the mall. I nodded my head and followed behind him as he led me through the mall, which is shaped really weird. There's lots of turns and some of the walkways are shaped crooked. "There it is!" Daniel called out as he pointed to the very bright store. Very, very bright.

There's a huge sign overtop the doorway that says Diva in cursive, with pink lights literally everywhere. The entire store is pink. The walls are pink, the mannequin's are pink, the shelves and hangers are pink, even the cashier desk is pink. "Oh, absolutely not." Daniel stated whilst shaking his head, immediately turning around and walking back the way we came.

"Daniel, no! Nice try, but you're staying." I stated firmly, quickly chasing after him and grabbing his arm, stopping him from walking any further. "I am, not! Going in there." He insisted through a chuckle, shaking his head faster and faster. "Too bad, I didn't ask." I said firmly whilst turning around and walking back towards the store, Daniel's arm still caught in my tight grip.

I dragged him back into the store and didn't let go of him arm until he started co-operating with me. We ended up finding Anna and the boys, in the back near the change rooms. "Maddie, finally!" Anna called out happily as she ran up to me and tightly hugged me, my arms instinctively flying around her torso and hugging her back just as tight. "Let's go!" She called out, grabbing my arm and attempting to pull me into the change rooms.

"Go where?" I asked whilst my brows furrowed together, nothing but confusion filling my mind. I was about to open my mouth to speak but got interrupted when Dominic and Dakota came running out of the change room area. "Daniel!" Dominic called out as he started running towards Daniel. "We're so glad you're here man." Dakota mumbled through a fake whine, crossing his arms over his chest and turning to face Anna, both of the boys looking at her as if she were the scariest thing on the planet.

"What did we miss?" Daniel asked through his own confusion now. "What did you miss?" Dakota asked dramatically whilst placing his hands on the sides of his head and taking a step back. "She was makin' us rate dresses, and then tried to get us to wear them too." Dakota explained as he shook his head. "Rate dresses?" I repeated with furrowed brows as I turned around to look Anna. "You, Dominic, Dakota, Daniel and Me, are all in twelfth grade." She pointed out as she popped her left hip out and placed her hands on her waist.

"Okay." I muttered, still confused. I don't really see how that's relevant. "Oh, my god." She mumbled through a sigh, pressing her hand against her forehead and shaking her head side to side. "Prom!" She called out suddenly, making me jump a bit from how suddenly her mood changed. "That's a thing that people actually do?" I asked whilst turning to the side so I could look at Anna and the boys. "Yeah, and we need to look for dresses. So come on." Anna insisted impatiently, lunging forward and grabbing my arm to pull me into the changing area.

"Whoa." I mumbled as we walked through the curtain and into the large room. "I know right." Anna whispered back whilst leaning a bit closer to me. She quickly let go of my hand and ran into one of the change rooms along the wall. The room is huge and has one huge couch in the middle with a mirror wall in front of it. There's five change rooms to the left of the mirror and five to the right, the walls and doors for the change room were light pink while the couch and the frame for the mirror were hot pink. Everything in this store is just pink, it's kind of cute though.

"Here take these." Anna insisted as she walked out of her change room, holding a bunch of dresses. "I don't think I can hold all of those." I stated as she shook her head and dropped the pile of dresses into my arm. One of the hangers poking me in the side. "Go try them on." She demanded excitedly, whilst pointing at the change room next to hers.

I didn't bother arguing back, I haven't known Anna for that long but from what I can see so far she's very persistent. I walked into the change room and locked the door behind me, hanging all of the dresses up on one of the hooks. I looked at the first dress but didn't really like the dark green colour so I took it off of the hook and threw it onto the bench in the corner of the change room.

The second dress isn't really my style but I would wear it, it's pretty. it's a short dress that looks like it would come down right in the middle of my thighs. The straps are thin and the dress is a shiny pink colour. it looks a bit too causal to be a prom dress, but maybe the type of dress you'd wear to a club or a party. I threw that one onto the bench as well and looked over at the third dress.

The third one is a tiny bit more my style, but I definitely wouldn't wear it to prom. it's a floor length shiny bright blue dress with a V-neck and straps that cross at the back. The entire back of the dress is open with the straps crossing like an x. I put that dress on the bench too and looked at the second remaining dress.

When I got a good look at the next dress my mouth dropped open, it's so beautiful. Now this, this I would definitely wear to prom. its a strapless black dress that reaches down to the floor and has a slit up the right leg. It's very simple and classy but sexy at the same time. I didn't really think I'd get into this prom dress searching thing, but now I'm happy that I took the dresses. This dress is so gorgeous.

I moved the black dress onto the next hook and looked at the last dress, immediately not knowing which one I liked better. The last dress is floor length as well and also has a slit up the right leg. It's got a V-neck and thin straps, with the stomach part looking similar to a corset. The dress is kind of a cream colour and is shiny, typically I don't like plain colours like this but the dress is absolutely beautiful.

I gently grabbed the black fabric with my right hand and the nude with my left, looking back and forth from the dresses and admiring how beautiful they both are. I've never really thought of prom. I was barely even allowed to go to school throughout middle school and the beginning of high school when I was living with my parents, so prom was never a thing I thought about.

I'm gonna have to get used to living in such a different environment, living with Charlotte and Daniel I'm able to do all of the things I never got to do when I was living with my parents. My heart started beating really hard inside of my chest as I thought more about prom, the school year really isn't that long if you actually think about it, it's only ten months, and I'm not totally sure but I don't think prom is on the last month of school. There's nine months or less until prom and clearly since I'm not living with my parents I'm attending. I never understood the hype but now that I actually have a chance, the idea of going, is absolutely nerve wrecking.

A/n: I'm sorry it took so long to publish this, like I said I've been so busy lately but I make time to add at least one sentence every day so no matter how much time it takes, the chapters will keep coming until the story is over! I hope you guys liked this chapter let me know what you think and if you like this story so far! Thank you for clicking on this story and I hope you enjoy the rest of the book, happy reading my lovelies!! <3

Word count: 1764