Chapter 14

Quick A/n before you get into this chapter.

This is how their room is split

This is how their room is split. But I'm going to make something very clear. This is NOT the room that I've chosen for the story. I just wanted to put this picture in to show you guys how I imagine their room is split. One side is Daniel's side the other is Maddie's. Kind of like how siblings share a room. Once again this is NOT the room that they have the only thing this picture is here for is to show you how their room is split!! I couldn't find a photo on pinterest that matched the bedroom vibe I was going for so honestly just imagine the bedroom however you want while keeping in mind the year is 2005. And also the picture of the dress at the top of the chapter is the outfit I chose for Maddie, if you don't like it oh well, that sucks. Enjoy the chapter!

"Happy birthday, Mads." Daniel said happily as he crawled onto my bed and sat beside me. "Oh, right. It's my birthday." I groaned tiredly whilst sitting up in my bed. My brain never works properly when I first wake up, I didn't even remember that it's today. "What do you wanna do today?" He asked curiously as he crossed his legs. I crossed my legs as well while I turned my body to face him.

"I don't know, I haven't done anything for my birthday in years." I explained through a shoulder shrug, not even remembering the last time I celebrated my birthday. "Well, we're celebrating today. Get dressed, and put on something nice." He announced happily before getting off of my bed and walking out of our room.

I got up from my bed and walked over to the dresser, pulling open the drawers on my side and skimming through all of the clothes. Not long after I got my things from my parents house Daniel cleared half of his dresser for me, until Charlotte could get me my own.

Daniel told me to put on something nice but I also didn't wanna dress too nice, so I decided on a simple but cute light green dress that was in the bag of clothes Charlotte had given me. The dress is kind of an olive shade and is skin tight, with long flared sleeves. This is definitely the prettiest dress I've ever worn.

After I got the dress on I walked out of Daniel's room and headed for the bathroom. I could hear Charlotte and Daniel talking downstairs so I'm assuming their waiting for me down there. I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth with a disposable tooth brush, running a brush through my long brown hair before leaving the bathroom and walking over to the stairs.

"She's coming." I heard Daniel whisper as I walked down the stairs and through the short hallway towards the kitchen. I curiously turned the corner, my jaw dropping onto the floor once I reached the kitchen and seen what they were up to.

"Happy birthday, Maddie!" They called out happily, holding their arms out to reveal all of the things they'd done for me. There's three plates with chocolate chip pancakes on the island along with a small birthday cake, three drinks and a gift bag. "Oh my god, you guys did not have to do this." I said as my hand flew over top of my mouth.