Chapter 13

I've been staying with Daniel and Charlotte for five days now, and Detective Kerry finally called back to talk about getting my things. I begged Charlotte and Daniel to stay at their house and let me go with Detective Kerry by myself, but they both insisted on tagging along.

"Okay, we got the door open." Detective Kerry announced as she walked across the creaky porch along with two other officers. "Great." I mumbled under my breath sarcastically as I stood up from the steps.

"Is the inside as bad as the outside?" Daniel asked skeptically as his eyes scanned the outside of my parents house. The wood porch is dirty and broken in some places, I'm surprised it hasn't collapsed yet due to the water damage and mold.

The white paint on the house is dirty and starting to chip all over, and the windows are boarded up from the inside. My parents house honestly looks like an abandoned house. My father never took care of the house and over the years it started looking really rough.

"Worse." I stated feeling more embarrassed then ever. The police officers were standing on the porch beside the door, while Charlotte and Daniel stood on the steps. I'm assuming they're all waiting for me to go inside first.

I took a few deep breaths before going inside, mentally preparing myself to walk into hell on earth. I stepped through the front door and cringed when I'd seen the surprisingly worse living room. The house is very small there's no rooms or hallways in it. As soon as you enter through the front door you're met with the living room and kitchen merged into one tiny room that's barely the size of a small classroom.

Directly across from the front door is the door to the basement along with a tiny bathroom with no door, and to the right of the front door is the filthy kitchen and to the left is the disgusting living room. The couch is all stained and one of the cushions had a huge rip across the middle, while the television is on the floor and the screen had been smashed.

"I'm gonna wait out on the porch." Charlotte called out as she sat down on one of the steps, the two officers that came with Detective Kerry sitting on the steps with her and starting a conversation. Daniel and Detective Kerry were about to walk inside but I quickly stopped them. "Wait!" I called out as I ran back out onto the porch.

"There's a camera inside with a built in mic, if my father looks at the footage and sees me bringing you into the house, I don't even know what he'll do to me." I whispered nervously. "Is there a way for you to disable it?" Detective Kerry asked quietly as she took a few steps back from the door.

"Yeah, I used to do it all the time. Just give me a second." I stated as I walked back into the house and immediately headed for the far left corner of the room. I stepped onto the couch and pushed myself onto my tippy toes, wrapping my hand around the camera and turning it down to face me.

I stared into the camera for a second before finally saying something. "Don't try to look for me. Don't try to contact me. I'm leaving, and I'm not coming back." I whispered nastily as I continued glaring into the camera, before finally ripping it off of the wall and turning it around. The screw at the back of the camera that held the back shut is lose from when I used to turn it off when I lived here.

I pinched the screw with my thumb and index finger, and started turning it. I only had to turn it three times before it fell out of the camera and onto the couch. The back of the camera flew open revealing a bunch of wires and a small button in the middle, I quickly clicked the button and watched the red light on the camera turn off.

After I'd turned it off I let the camera fall out of my hand and onto the floor, hearing the glass on the front shatter. "You can come in now!" I called out loudly as I stepped off of the couch and back onto the floor. Detective Kerry and Daniel nervously stepped through the front door and started looking around the house, both of them looking beyond disgusted.