Chapter 11

The clothes that Charlotte had given me were the cutest y2k clothes ever, I can tell that Charlotte was popular when she was younger just by looking at these clothes. There were jean skirts and shorts, some had star or heart designs with rhinestones and some were multicolored. There were tons of crop tops with designs and rhinestones on them, some old band shirts, flared long sleeve shirts, halter tops, lacey tank tops. There were flared jeans, jeans with rhinestones, low rise jeans, high waisted. All of the above. There were even fuzzy purses and track suits in here.

Some of the clothes in this bag were similar to the clothes I had at home, minus the cigarette burns, stains and random holes. I really think that this could last. Any type of relationship I've ever had with anyone has ended horribly, and rather quick too. However Charlotte and Daniel aren't like any people I've ever met.

They just met me and they both already care about me and want to help me as much as they possibly can. In movies and books there's always a troubled character that has some kind of life changing experience that makes them wanna change to become a good person. This is what that is.

Being put in a trap due to all the horrible things I was forced to do just to live, nearly dying but then meeting two wonderful people that showed me more kindness then anyone else. I feel like I'm in some kind of dramatic horror movie. I spent a good amount of time trying on some of the clothes in the bathroom.

Thankfully almost all of the clothes fit me. I admired how the clothes made my body look in the mirror, I didn't know that certain clothes could make your curves look even curvier. I slipped on a black and pink pair of yoga pants and paired them with a pink crop top that said Diva across the front.

Some of the clothes in here looked more expensive then my whole life, and now their mine. I've never worn anything this expensive before, it feels nice to have clothes that are actually clean and fit me properly. I just stood there for a minute staring at myself in the mirror, only stopping when someone had started knocking on the door.

"Maddie, I'm going to the store, was just wondering if you wanted to come." Daniel stated through the closed door. I stepped away from the mirror and reached for the handle, pulling the door open and stepping out of the bathroom. "Yeah, sure." I replied through a smile.

"Oh, you look nice." Daniel pointed out nervously, his eyes slowly travelling down my body then back up to my face. "Thank you. Your moms clothes are so pretty!" I gushed happily, turning around so he could see the whole outfit, front and back. "So, what store are we going to?" I asked as I turned back around and grabbed the garbage bag from the bathroom floor.

"Just to the convenience store to get some snacks." He replied as he started walking down the hallway slowly. "Okay sounds good, I could use some fresh air." I commented through a chuckle, quickly bringing the bag to Daniel's room before following him downstairs. "We'll be back mom, we're just going to the store!" Daniel called out through the house whilst we pulled our shoes onto our feet.

"Okay, be safe you two!" Charlotte replied back from the kitchen. Daniel opened the door and held it open for me, bringing a smile to my face. "What a gentlemen." I joked as I walked through the doorframe and waited for him to lock the door behind us. The walk to the store really wasn't long at all, the plaza was just at the end of the street Daniel lived on.

"This street looks familiar, but I can't remember when or why I came here." I stated as I looked around, feeling pure Deja vu. "Maybe you have a friend or something that lives around here?" He asked as we turned the corner and walked up the sidewalk towards the plaza. "Maybe." I muttered as we walked up to the entrance. Daniel once again opened the door and held it for me. "Thanks." I said through a quiet laugh, walking inside and looking around the store.

"Get whatever you want." He said as he walked into one of the isles. There were signs hanging above each isle with lists of things that were in the isles, I spotted the one that said candy and snacks and stated heading for that isle.

This isle is literally a dream come true, every time I came to a store I'd walk through the candy isle, but I could never afford to buy any sweets. I always had to prioritize proper food because I had very little money. It took me a while to decide what I wanted but after a while of looking around I picked out Sour Patch Kids, Airheads, skittles and a Kitkat chocolate bar.

After I grabbed a few snacks I walked out of the snack isle and looked around, spotting Daniel by the fridge getting a drink. "Hey, you done?" He asked as I walked up beside him. "Yeah, you?" I asked as the two of us started walking across the store. "Yeah, here give me those and go wait for me outside." He said as we reached the front of the store. "Okay." I said while quickly handing the snacks to him and heading for the door.

I leaned against the brick wall beside the door and started waiting for Daniel, looking around the rest of the plaza and enjoying the light breeze. "Kitty." My heart dropped to the bottom of my chest when I heard a very faint whisper of what sounded like the word Kitty. My head snapped in every direction, but I couldn't see anyone. Maybe I'm just in my own head.

I closed my eyes and let my head fall back against the wall behind me. "Kitty." There it is again. My eyes shot open and started once again scanning the entire plaza, my eyes finally landing on the source of the whispering. My heart dropped down a bottomless pit and it felt like all of the air had been drained from my lungs, preventing me from breathing properly.

The drivers door for a car parked in front of me flew open, and a short but muscular man stepped out. "Derek." I said nervously as the man walked away from his car and up onto the sidewalk that stretched across the plaza. "Hey, Kitty. What are you doing down in these ends?" Derek asked as he walked right up to the store and stopped in front of me.

"I'm uh-- I'm here with a friend." I stated dryly, my entire body going stiff due to the fear shooting through my body. "You lost the ears." He commented as he reached his hand up to my head, running his fingers down my hair and making me feel uncomfortable, as usual. "Yeah, listen, Derek. I'm not doing all that shit anymore, I'm not even living with my dad anymore." I stated nervously, stepping back and letting his hand fall away from my face.

"You're not selling anymore? Oh, that's a shame, I liked seeing you around." He stated creepily, sending a chill through my body. I stayed quiet and looked down at the ground, not knowing what he might say or do next. "You should start wearing the ears again, you're not Little Kitty without them." He added before turning around and getting back in his car, quickly pulling out of the parking lot and onto the road.

I started biting the nail on my thumb as I watched his car pull into the driveway of a house just a little further down the street, Daniel soon walking out of the store. "Hey, who was that guy talking to you? I seen him through the glass." Daniel asked curiously as he glanced down the street. "Nobody, let's just get back to your house." I insisted nervously, grabbing his arm and pulling him away from the plaza.

"Maddie seriously, what just happened? You're acting weird." Daniel stated skeptically as he lightly pulled his arm out of my grip and continued walking beside me. "Seriously nothing, just drop it." I insisted as I glanced behind me down the road, looking back at his car parked in the driveway. He was standing just outside of the open garage, it looks like he's talking to someone but I can't tell from this far away.

"Maddie I know something's wrong and I'm not gonna drop this, just tell me what happened. Do you know that guy or something?" He asked as he turned around to try and see what I was looking at. "You're seriously not gonna drop this?" I asked as we continued walking down the side street, quickly nearing his house. "Nope." He muttered as we walked up his driveway and towards his front door. "Fine, I'll tell you when we get upstairs." I replied through a sigh, rolling my eyes at his persistence.

A/n: Sorry it took me so long to publish this chapter but I hope you guys like it, as always let me know what you think or if you like it. Enjoy the rest of the book, happy reading my loves! <3

Word count: 1578