Chapter 6

Amanda let go of the door and ran over to the safe, kneeling down on the floor in front of it and feeling around on the ground. "What is it?" Daniel asked as he turned his attention over to Amanda. "It's a door." She said as she followed the square outline with her hands. The safe sat directly on top of the hidden door, that's why we didn't see it earlier. Amanda got up from the floor and pressed her body against the safe, trying to push it out of the way using all of her body weight, but failing miserably. She moved around to the side of the safe and grunted loudly as she pushed against it with all of her strength, still not even moving it an inch out of the way.

"Help me move this thing." She called out to me and Daniel. Daniel instantly looked at me, not even needing to say anything. "Go help her, I got this." I said as I slid my back down the door, placing my hands on the floor beside me to use them for extra support holding my body against the door. Daniel waited until I'd finished re-positioning myself against the door before letting go and taking off towards the safe. "I'm not gonna hurt you." Xavier called out through the door, catching me way off guard. Not gonna hurt us? He already threw me in a pit of needles and killed Jonas.

Now that Daniel was helping Amanda push the safe out of the way, it was getting done way faster. The both of them together slowly started pushing the safe out of the way, but it wasn't fast enough. "Guy's hurry up!" I cried out as my body began slamming against the door even harder than before, my head hitting the door really hard in the process. "Come on, Amanda. Let me in!" Xavier screamed, as Daniel and Amanda finally got the safe off of the door. "Shit, it's locked." Amanda snapped angrily, as she pulled on the lock on the door.

If the door in here is locked then that must mean the key is here somewhere. The only keys we found was the one in the pit of needles and behind the bricks. The one we found behind the bricks didn't work on any of the doors we tried it on, that must be the key for this door. "The key!" I called out as I struggled to hold the door. "The one we found behind the wall with the tape recorder!" I added, the both of them looking at each other then back at me. "Where is it? Where is it?" Amanda asked desperately, all three of us trying to think back to the last time we seen it.

"Jonas, Jonas had it last." Daniel said as he thought hard back to when we first left this room. "Find it! Hurry!" Amanda hollered, causing Daniel to immediately fall to his knees beside Jonas's corpse, searching all of his pockets as quickly as he could. "Come on!" Xavier called out as he started body checking the door hard, the door starting to open a little bit. I screamed in fear as tears started flowing down my cheeks once again, watching as Daniel quickly pulled the key out of one of Jonas's pockets and handed it to Amanda.

Amanda grabbed the key with one had and the lock with the other, unlocking the door as past as she could and pulling the door all the way open. After Amanda got the door open she quickly stood back up and ran over to me. "Go!" She screamed as she pressed her body against the door, holding Xavier back so me and Daniel could get out of that room. I pressed my hands against the wall beside the door, using it to pull myself up off the floor and steady myself as I began to get dizzy. "Maddie, hurry." Daniel whined as he quickly ran over to me and grabbed my arm, throwing it over his shoulder and wrapping his other arm around my waist.

When Daniel and I had gotten over to the door, I looked down to see what was in there, and to nobody's surprise. There's a staircase. we started slowly stepping down the stairs, the gas really started to take a toll on us. Once we'd gotten to the staircase that's when Amanda ran for the door. I looked back when I heard her footsteps, watching as she quickly ran through the door pulling it closed behind her. Daniel let go of me once we got to the bottom of the stairs, Amanda didn't seem to be too affected by the gas so she got down the stairs pretty quickly.