Chapter 8

No One POV:

Sang Zhi and Lu Si Cheng make their way into the party. The reporters were chattering for scoops and squirming in there seats when they found out that the so called "couple" was coming to this party.  Side by side, Sang Zhi and Lu Si Cheng were walking down the carpet and microphones were shoved in their faces. "Does this act of coming to the party together confirm your relationship," asks a reporter. Sang Zhi and Lu Si Cheng were a bit overwhelmed by the cameras while others  waited patiently for their answers. "We are here to tell you that we are not in a relationship. We are cousins, and hopefully it isn't wrong to help your Aunt's company." Sang Zhi states with a calm look on her face. "Yeah, as much as I hate to agree that I'm blood related with a banshee," Lu Si Cheng says with a straight face. Sang Zhi gave him a side eye that meant, wait until we get home I'll kick your ass and gave him a small kick on the leg. "I-i mean uh, related to a wonderful cousin. I will only date a girl who is better at me in E-sports, until I meet that girl, I'm not gonna be engaged to a banshee, I-i mean cousin." Lu Si Cheng finally finishes. Then Lu Si Cheng makes his way off the red carpet but "accidentally trips" and falls flat on his face. He quickly got up and tried to cover his embarrassment and turned around angrily knowing who tripped him. He turns around to find Sang Zhi cracking her neck with a hand wrapped around her fist and smirking slightly. Both of them quickly got off the red carpet and made there way inside. 

Meanwhile At ZGDX Base Camp

"BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH," Chubby laughs while rolling on the floors with tears threatening to spill. "Wait, replay it again," Chubby says finally recovering. "Chubby, this is the 100th time you have watched it. It's not even funny anymore, and I want to laugh at this for the rest of the year," Cat comments while whining a bit. "Cat, Shut up. Play it again I can't get enough. My brother tripped, his reputation ruined. MWAHAHAHA," Lu Yue says evilly. "As much as this is funny, this situation really help eliminate the rumors. This incident shows the sibling vibe they both have, which causes the rumors to eliminate immediately," Ming says. "Phew, that means less work for me," Rui says giddily. "Poor Brother Cheng, he must feel so embarrassed," Tong Yao says with pity. "Enough of your sentimental shit, play it again," K says eagerly.

At The Party

Lu Si Cheng and Sang Zhi were sitting at the table sipping on red wine. "I can't believe you did that," Lu Si Cheng says shouting "For the MILLIONTH TIME, I'M SORRY," she replied. "I hate you. My reputation is all spoiled," Lu Si Cheng grumbles. "Yeah, yeah, your so called "charismatic personality"," sarcasm lacing around each and every word. "Enough of this. What are you doing in China," Lu Si Cheng asks sincerely. Sang Zhi let's out a long sigh and begins her story, "Over time I have gotten a liking for e-sports. So much that I got an opportunity to become a captain for the e-sports team, Ace." "The team that is currently skyrocketing for their wins?," Lu Si Cheng asks. "Yes." she replies. "Okay, I'm not gonna hold back when we are playing." Lu Si Cheng says. "Me neither," she says with a small smile. Both of them continue drinking their wine on a full moon day enjoying the comfort the lonely and cold night provided.

3 years later

Sang Zhi sat down on the couch in her base camp and opened to check Weibo. Today marks the 3rd year for the mysterious pro-gamer Sang Zhi who as decided to cover her identity. Although she shows no interest in showing her real face, fans hope to see who she really is. Click here to read more. A small message pops up on the top of her phone. Sang Zhi smiles and walks to the near by café to meet Tong Yao but, what she wasn't planning to do was to bump into a man. A handsome man to be exact, who might even be her soulmate.