chapter 1

"Annyeong! I'm freshman Kim Jennie. I come from YG junior high. Nice to meet you!" The cat-like brunette exclaimed, she looked like she was hella nervous but her introduction was filled with enthusiasm.

"Hello! I'm freshman Park Chaeyoung. I also come from YG Junior high. Nice to meet you too!" The taller blonde girl chirped. Unlike Jennie, she looked genuinely excited, and was in no way nervous at all.

"Nice to meet y'all's! I'm Irene, the vice captain of the basketball team. I was from SM Junior high and I'm a year 2. For this years season, we managed to snag quite a few good freshmen like yourselves, and this girl name Lisa whom you would meet soon. Unfortunately, she's unavailable today so we're just gonna train without her." Irene introduced herself, gesturing at the already training girls.

The team wasn't a big team. It included Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, Yeri, Joy, Jennie, Chaeyoung, Lisa and Jisoo. Jisoo's the school basketball team captain, who was apparently a legend on court. She was absent due to some important event, and would be here the next.

Irene explained to Jennie that she and Joy played the same position- a point guard, so they would take turns on court. Based on skill level, it was pretty obvious the two freshmen were exceptionally good, even performing better than some of their seniors, but both were humble and receptive to feedback.

"Who knows, if you two get any better, y'all could make it into the Under 18 National Korean Team!" Seulgi laughed heartily. "Jisoo's in the national team, many says she's omnipotent. I think she's a real pikachu."

If Jennie and Chaeyoung were confused, they didn't show it. After all, how did pikachu had anything to do with being omnipotent?

The training ended late evening, and the two returned home after.

"Eomma! Appa! We're home!" Chaeyoung slumped onto the couch as Jennie gave her Eomma a big hug.

Mrs Park returned the hug, telling them about how she had prepared Jennie's favorite milk ice cream for dessert. Jennie squealed in delight and Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, talking about how her mother was playing favorites.

Mrs Park told Jennie to take a rest while she prepared the table, as Jennie joined Chaeyoung on the couch.

"It's no fair, she always plays favorites." Chaeyoung whined, snuggling herself in Jennie's shoulder. "I'm super sweaty and I stink." Jennie loved physical contact, but she didn't want Chaeyoung feeling disgusted about her sweat.

Chaeyoung gave a low hum as she started drawing circles on Jennie's back, causing Jennie to feel ticklish and giggle.

"I really want to meet Jisoo unnie. Irene unnie's already so amazing, and she makes it seem like Jisoo is tons better than her!" Jennie shrugged, furrowing her eyebrow. "I think Seulgi unnie is weird.. Pikachu really?"

The two girls laughter was interrupted by Mrs Park, who told them to come eat dinner.

Chaeyoung was on the bed frowning at her math homework. First day of high school and Mrs Choi already assigned them math homework.

"How are we supposed to do a whole practice when she spent like ten minutes teaching this shit..." Jennie shrugged, setting aside her towel as she plopped onto the bed. "Don't you know this is.. Wait since when did we learn how to find the line thingy..." Jennie's voice trailed off as both of them were stuck.

"Whatever.. it's a problem for tomorrow. She can't really blame us for not knowing how to do the practice can she. Lets finish watching Hotel Del Luna." Jennie made herself comfortable in Chaeyoung's arms as Chaeyoung reached for the remote control to switch on the television.

And of course, the two girls fell asleep less than ten minutes after the show started, fatigued by the busy day they had today.

"I can't believe you woke me up at freaking 530 to go to school so we could practice in the morning. We have training after school babe." Jennie whined, clutching onto Chaeyoung's arms tightly as Chaeyoung smacked her hand away, threatening her with a potential car accident.

"Precisely. We need to be in our best form when we meet Jisoo unnie. She's the best of the best!"

Jennie knew the blonde wasn't gonna care no matter what she said, so she sighed, adjusting the position of her chair, and grabbed a cushion from the back of the car, taking a nap.

After what felt like a short 5 minutes, Jennie was awoken by Chaeyoung leaning over her to unbuckle her seatbelt. Chaeyoung gave her an apologetic grin as she moved the chair upright. "Lets go babe."

To say the girls were surprised was an understatement. A girl in a pikachu oversized tee, wearing this shin chan slippers, was shooting hoops at the basketball court.

Jennie and Chaeyoung stood at a side, observing the girl. She was doing form shooting, and was mumbling something to herself.

"She looks shorter than me. I don't think she's in basketball to be honest... Look at her fit..." Jennie trailed off, trying desperately to hold in her laughter. Chaeyoung couldn't help but snigger when she saw the girl's fit.

Jennie and Chaeyoung glanced at each other. They could use the other half of the court, but they're natural inquisitive nature made them curious on who the girl was.

The intense stare-off began. Chaeyoung and Jennie stared at each other intensely, their eyes wide.

And of course, the first to blink was Jennie.

"Ughhhss chaengie..." The brunette pulled the taller girl towards her, dragging her into the court.

"Annyeong..." Jennie's voice trailed off, before she hid behind Chaeyoung in embarrassment.

"Nnyeongan." The girl replied, grinning. Chaeyoung noticed how her lips really resembled a heart shape. That was really unique. And the way she said nnyeongan? It reminded Chaeyoung of someone.

Jennie giggled at what the girl said. "Nnyeongan? Shes so goofy chaeng!" Jennie whispered into Chaeyoung's ear, as Chaeyoung bit back her laughter.

"Sorry but only the basketball team members can use the court..." Chaeyoung's voice trailed off as she squinted harder at the girl, who gave her a knowing smile.

"Forgot about me already pasta?"

Chaeyoung's jaw dropped. She was right.

"Jisoo unnie?"