chapter 22

"I swear, everyone's getting laid recently." Wendy puffed, as the whole room erupted with laughter, Jisoo's laugh dominating most of it.

Ever since Jisoo and Jennie began dating, Jisoo turned into a good student. Her already awesome grades went even higher, from an average of 96, it became 98, which made her the top scorer in the whole of year 2. Jennie would always nag at her to pay attention in class, and go to class on time, and since Jisoo brought Jennie breakfast every morning, she was forced to reach school on time, and motivated to pay attention since Jennie promised a kiss if she did.

On the other hand, since Chaeyoung and Lisa started dating, Jennie found herself at Jisoo's place more and more often, since Lisa would often stay over at Chaeyoung's. The four would also meet regularly at Chaeyoung's and Jennie's for movie nights and sleepovers. Since Irene and Seulgi were dating too, Jisoo hated hanging out with them, since they were "all cheesy" and made her feel like she stuck out like a sore thumb, so she often hung out with Jennie, Chaeyoung and Lisa during lunch.

"Ya Kim Yeri! Its not my fault you didn't do your homework from what, 2 weeks ago. Even Jisoo did it. We need to start training right now!" Irene chided, frowning at Yeri's while stack of undone homework. Jisoo held up her done homework proudly, throwing a smirk at Yeri, who rolled her eyes in return.

In the end, they spent another hour in the CCA Room, Irene busy tutoring Seulgi, Yeri and Joy about the classes that probably happened a good few months ago.

Match day. It was the Semifinals now, and since JYP High was now gone, most of the schools possessed little threat to them. However, Coach Im said that Hybe high could be a new threat to them, with this player named Danielle, who had extremely good skills as an individual, and could work extremely well as a team.

The supporters from YG High looked like ants compared to those from Hybe. YG High had a total of 87 students and teachers for support, while Hybe had a good 500+ at the very least. The students from Hybe seemed well off, and pompous, as Jisoo let out a low groan. It was going to be annoying dealing with so many supporters.

"For today, we'll get Irene, Seulgi, Jisoo, Lisa and Joy to start. I don't have any special arrangement for defence, but I want Jisoo to mark Danielle. Got it?" Coach Im's voice was barely audible above the cheers as well as jeers from the Hybe High supporters, but she was sure the team heard it. Jisoo nodded in response, getting all of them to huddle in.

"We'll show the Hybe supporters who is the superior one!" Ireme screamed, as the team erupted into cheers, temporarily silencing the crowd.

The girl from Hybe, Hyein was tipping off against Joy, and Joy won the tip off, getting the ball to Lisa, who dribbled it down, before passing to Jisoo to set up the play.

The incessant sound of "Defend, defend" from Hybe's supporters was getting on Jisoo's nerves, since her teammates could barely hear what she was saying. Jisoo curled up her fist into a ball, calling for a screen, which Lisa did, as she drove in, only to be stopped by Hanni and Haerin inside the paint, as she decided to kick it out to Irene. Irene dribbled after faking a shot, as Seulgi made a front cut, as Irene passed it to her as she laid it in.

The cheers from YG High were quickly overshadowed by the jeers from Hybe. "Kim Jisoo is overrated!" A voice screeched from the crowd, as jeers continued to ensue upon that statement.

Irene quickly ran over to Jisoo, giving her a quick pat on her back, telling her to calm down. Jisoo got ready for the next play, setting up her defence.

"Jis, watch for the screen on your right!" Jisoo nodded after hearing Joy's warning, as she sped up slightly, shocking Danielle with the speed that she got over the screen, as she poked the ball out of Danielle's hand, sprinting down on a fast break.

Jisoo could feel Minji tagging closely behind her, as she groaned again. Of course, Minji had one of the fastest sprint and reaction time, there was no way she wouldn't catch up.

Jisoo slowed down slightly, allowing Minji to get in front of her, before she pulled off a hezi, as Minji fell for it, losing her balance as she tripped. Jisoo smiled triumphantly, dribbling out to the three point line at the 180 degree right in front of most of the Hybe supporters. She saw Hanni sprinting towards her, but she knew it was too late.

She shot the ball, with perfect form, perfect arc, as it swished in. She turned to face the Hybe supporters, smirking, as she put a finger to her lips, running back on defence.

The score after the first quarter was 17-6, Jisoo scored 7, while Lisa scored 4. Jennie, Chaeyoung, Lisa, Wendy and Jisoo were playing next in the start of the second quarter.

Lisa posted up on Hyein, as Jennie lobbed the ball over to her. Lisa spun nicely, getting Hyein off her, and a and-1.

Danielle got past Jisoo, but was stopped by Chaeyoung, as she kicked the ball out to Hanni, who missed her shot, as Jennie got the rebound, racing down the floor with Minji chasing behind, scoring off the fastbreak.

After that, Minji managed to score a three point over Lisa, and Lisa quickly started the ball, as Jennie lobbed a long pass to Chaeyoung, who decided to score a three over Haerin too.

The game ended soon after, with a score of 62-23, with the leading scorers being Jisoo and Irene- Irene playing exceptionally well in the second half. Jisoo scored 16 and Irene scored 11. Lisa did pretty well, with 9 points.

The supporters of Hybe slowly died down, now starting to murmur now that the match was over. Jisoo's glares at the Hybe supporters didn't waver all the way till they left the game venue.

"Baby! Your defence was so great today! I'm pretty sure you had at least what 11 blocks?" Chaeyoung exclaimed, jumping onto Lisa, giving her a tight hug. Lisa grinned, as she hugged Chaeyoung back, wrapping her arm around Chaeyoung's waist.

They remained in that position while waiting for the bus to arrive, as Lisa started wondering if her father would be proud of her performance today.