chapter 4

"Jen, could you just get me a sandwich from the cafeteria? And maybe some hot chocolate? I have bad cramps." Jennie stroked the younger girl, who looked like she was in a crazy amount of pain's hair. Jennie did experience cramps too, but usually she would eat some painkillers and drink a glass of warm water. It looked much worse in Chaeyoung's case though.

She gave Chaeyoung a light peck on her head as she left to get a warm drink and a sandwich for Chaeyoung.

"Jennie-ya!" Jennie sighed, knowing who the person was. Jennie wasn't a bad natured person and didn't usually hate people, but Taehyung wouldn't stop harassing her despite all her warnings.

"Oh! Chaeyoung isn't here today? What a pity." Jennie raised an eyebrow at Taehyung, who in fact seem delighted about Chaeyoung not being here.

Jennie just gave Taehyung a small nod, proceeding to leave, when she felt a tug at her wrist. She sighed. She expected this to happen. Everytime Chaeyoung wasnt here, Taehyung would make drastic attempts to get Jennie closer to him.

"Look Tae... you know it's impossible..." the guy cut her off by roughly kissing her lips. Jennie squirmed against his tight grip around her, finally being able to break free as she slapped Taehyung across his face.

"The fuck bitch. Who do you think you are?" Taehyung growled, his eyes turning red. This was a side of Taehyung Jennie had never seen before.

"Tae we can talk about this." Jennie tried to say calmly, but she couldn't help but stutter as Taehyung stared her down. She backpedaled, but soon she was cornered into a wall and fell to the ground.

"Is it because of her you don't like me? That bi..." Jennie screamed as she saw a figure lunging herself at Taehyung, giving him one hard punch as he fell to the ground.

Taehyung, who was cowardly by nature, made a run for it, as the figure turned to look at Jennie. It was Jisoo.

"Ya mandu, are you alright?" Jisoo asked, crouching next to Jennie, who immediately pulled Jisoo into a hug. "He kissed me.. my first kiss... I feel so violated..." Jisoo patted the younger girls back, letting her cry freely into her shoulder.

"Mandu, I'll protect you. Remember what I did for chaeng? I'll do the same for you. I promise nobody will hurt you anymore. Physically or mentally. So please stop crying would you?" Jennie sniffed, nodding, but they were still on the ground, hugging each other like there was no tomorrow.

"You nearly broke his nose..." Jennie chuckled weakly, as Jisoo gave a snort. "Yeah, he was about to call Chaeyoung a bitch. Chaeyoung isnt one. So I wasn't gonna let him say it."

For some reason, disappointment washed over Jennie when she heard that. "Would you have helped me if he didn't call Chaeyoung a bitch?" She asked through her gritted teeth.

"Of course, you're my favourite mandu!" Jisoo replied, swiping aside Jennie's stray strand of hair.

Jisoo walked Jennie back to class, with warm milk for Jennie, and hot chocolate and a cheese sandwich for Chaeyoung. Jennie woke Chaeyoung, who was taking a nap on her table, up.

Chaeyoung waved to Jisoo, as she sat up weakly and drank some hot chocolate, before lowering herself to lay on Jennie's lap.

Whenever Chaeyoung had cramps, Jennie would help give her a tummy rub. Chaeyoung always felt better after those. Jennie let the girl in pain lay on her thigh, rubbing her hands together for warmth, and giving her a tummy rub.

Jisoo opened her mouth, more than ready to tell Chaeyoung about what happened just now, but Jennie could read her mind. She shook her head firmly, mouthing a no. Jisoo sighed and dragged another chair over near to Chaeyoung, interlocking their fingers in hopes it could provide Chaeyoung comfort of any sort.

Jisoo returned to her class later on, a good 10 minutes late. Her teacher Mr Choi just sighed. Jisoo was never on time, never attentive in class, but could get the grades, and that was Al that mattered in Mr Choi's eyes.

"Jisoo-ya, Mr Choi's patience is gonna run out one day, I think you shouldn't play with fire." Jisoo's tablemate, as well as her good friend, SeokJin, warned.

Jisoo shrugged, resting her head on her arm as she took a nap.

"Ya Kim Jisoo! Answer question 5B!" Jisoo awoke after SeokJin's many nudges, rubbing her eyes and squinting at the board.

"28.325 to 3 decimal places." The class applauded, because of Jisoo's amazing Math skills. She was a genius, somebody who got the grade by barely studying. Ms Yang, their Math teacher, always had something against Jisoo even before her attitude was bad. Jisoo got full marks for all her Math papers, and made sure SeokJin would wake her up whenever Ms Yang didnt know how to solve a problem, just so she could prove herself to Ms Yang.

School ended at 130, and Jisoo sneaked out slightly earlier, escaping the eyes of Ms Yang, as she headed for Chaeyoung and Jennie's class.

Jennie spotted Jisoo and gave her a small grin, as she rolled her eyes, pointing at her teacher. Jisoo chuckled, deciding to wait for their class to end.

Chaeyoung was feeling much better now, and she was trying her best to catch up on the classes she slept for. Jennie wasn't much help because she herself didn't understand anything, and Jisoo had to come to the rescue.

"You dumb dumbs! This is so easy I could solve it in 30 seconds." Jisoo sassed, rolling her eyes. Jennie clicked her tongue, handing Jisoo the worksheet, as she actually finished it in 30 seconds. She explained it to Chaeyoung and Jennie, who just looked at her puzzled.

"Do y'all understand?" Jisoo questioned at the end, visibly proud of herself. Chaeyoung and Jennie exchanged glances, before Chaeyoung spoke up.

"English please.."

Jisoo facepalmed herself, turning around and counting from 1-10 to calm herself down.

"Okay so basically for this sum you need to factor out..." Jisoo spun, seeing Lalisa explaining the sum to Chaeyoung and Jennie, as Jisoo started listening attentively.

Not long after, she got an "Ohhh" in response from Jennie and Chaeyoung. "That's exactly what I said!" Jisoo snapped, as Chaeyoung and Jennie thanked Lisa.

"No unnie, all I heard was the answer is 4.8..." Jennie replied, as Jisoo pouted. Chaeyoung and Jennie both gave Lisa a mini hug, as Lisa returned it awkwardly. "Ya Nalalisa, are you coming on Friday then?" Jisoo asked, getting up and dusting her skirt, acting like she didn't just make a nickname for Lisa.

"Umm Im not sure... I'll try my best."Chaeyoung grinned, as she wrapped her arm around Lisa's shoulders, putting out her pinkie.

"No backsies." Lisa intertwined their pinkies, smiling in return. "No backsies."