chapter 8

Todays training was tougher than most since the season was starting soon. Jisoo had stopped playing around and was starting to take training seriously since she knew that everyone in the team really wanted to win.

With Jisoo, they were one of the best teams in the division. But they couldn't let their guard down, since their team was a relatively small one compared to others.

Jennie laid on Chaeyoung's shoulder, as Chaeyoung draped a blanket over both of them. They had a 45- minutes journey to the game venue today, and like most of the people, they were taking a nap in the bus to recharge themselves. Coach Im, they're coach, was already at the venue.

Chaeyoung looked over at Lisa, who was sitting alone, with no blanket, no hoodie whatever, and she was worried for the girl.

"Jennie-ya, would it be okay if I went to sit with Lisa? She looks super down lately and I wanted to check if she's alright.." Chaeyoung asked timidly, as Jennie smiled warmly back.

"Of course Chaengie! I'll go sit with Seulgi unnie!" Chaeyoung thanked Jennie, giving her a light peck on the cheek, before she left to sit beside Lisa.

"Ya. Lalisa." Lisa grumbled as she gave Chaeyoung a playful smack on her shoulder. "Chaeng let me sleep please.. i slept freaking 2 hours last night..." Chaeyoung sighed, wrapping her arms around Lisa's body and cuddling onto her. Lisa let out a low chuckle, as they both fell asleep.

When they finally reached, the on court tension was immense, since they're players were all tall, and Chaeyoung and Joy, who were their tallest players, were at least a head shorter than most of the other players.

"Height doesn't matter guys. We're better than everybody out there. Yg High on 3." The girls all huddled in for the team cheer.

"1,2,3 YG!"

The starters would be Seulgi, Irene, Joy, Wendy and Jisoo. They started a game with a tip off, Joy's timing and vertical was excellent, as she managed to get the ball to Jisoo, who slowed down the play.

She passed the ball to Irene, who called for a hands off with Seulgi. Seulgi got the ball and Irene made a good backdoor cut. Seulgi lobbed the ball to Irene, who finished it with a good reverse layup.

"And there it is! Irene and Seulgi were doing their traditionally favourite hands off pass action!" The bench cheered as Seulgi and Irene high-five grinning.

The team were doing a full court press, and as soon as the team inbounded the ball, Jisoo and her speedy like reflexes managed to get a piece of it, as she speedily got the stray ball.

She slowed down the play, calling for a screen which Joy set for her. She drove hard to the basket, as three people swarmed onto her. She did a euro away from the defenders, scoring using her left hands, as spectators "oooh"Ed loudly.

"The captain and strongest member in the U18 Korea team, Kim Jisoo, is really starting to show herself early in the game."

That was absolutely right, because in just three minutes, Jisoo had scored 12 points, and had two assists. The team was already up 22-0.

The coach on the opposing end called for a timeout, as everyone gathered.

Coach Im gave Jisoo a pat on her back, and fist bumped the rest of the people. "Keep it going girls! Next up we'll have Jisoo, Yeri, Jennie, Chaeyoung and Lisa on court. We can sag back to a three point man defence but if they score more than 8 points out of it we're switching back to full court." Everybody nodded, as they did their team cheer once more.

The opposition managed to score a jump shot on Chaeyoung, after she went to help Yeti's man, who was running free. Coach Im instructed for Jennie to bring the ball down instead of Jisoo.