chapter 17

When they first started (Lisa)

"I heard Park Chaeyoung and Kim Jennie are the other two new freshman in your school Lalisa." The only thing that currently brought Lisa and her father together was basketball. The only time she wasn't completely a failure in her fathers eyes.

Lisa was genuinely surprised, but her voice remained collected. The Kim-Park duo were known by most Korean female basketballers due to their immense talent and rapport. Her father, had also always thought highly of then.

Lisa knew it was wrong to feel like a stalker when she was at a game Park Chaeyoung and Kim Jennie were playing at. As usual, her father was present, sitting beside her in a formal suit, pointing out to Lisa Chaeyoung and Jennie, which she already knew. They were up by 8 points, even though they were playing opponents older and bigger than them.

Their coach called a time out, in Lisa's point of view, was to make sure they maintained the lead to the very end.

And she saw something which blessed her very own eyes.

The smile of Park Chaeyoung.

She smiled so genuinely, so radiantly, so beautifully, as she gave Jennie a high five. She wasn't the tallest there considering their team had a 180 center, but she still stood out the most to Lisa. Her warm smile was captivating.

After the game, when Lisa saw the genuine happiness and joy in Chaeyoungs face, she came to realise the fact that she might have started crushing on her.

When they first started (Chaeyoung)
She was mysterious, cold and aloof, as Chaeyoung wondered how she could get her to open up.

She was polite still, whenever they made eye contact, the girl would give a polite nod, which Chaeyoung would return with a wide grin, hoping she would open up to her.

It was luck when Lisa accidentally texted Chaeyoung, deleted the message soon after, and used two duck emojis in her apology. Chaeyoung realised under that cold facade, it could be somebody who was warm and sweet, but just didn't have the privilege to show it yet.

They called for one entire night, talking about everything and anything. Even though they just met three days ago, and it stemmed from nothing but an apology.

Lisa had the most genuine, pure heart ever. Everything she did was in consideration of others, yet she didn't take any credit for it.

"I made Yeri a care pack, hope she would feel better." Yes, Lisa did, with the intentions of secretly leaving it in her unnie's locker.

"What do I do if I spotted my classmate crying?" Lisa asked Chaeyoung, with genuine concern.

Chaeyoung knew that it was uncommon to come across such a rare pure, kind hearted and innocent soul like Lisa, and she always had a soft spot for people like that.

After that day, her feelings for Lisa gradually grew. And she herself didn't know it.

Both of the girls arrived at school the next day, giggling over the smallest of things. It was downright adorable.

The corridor was packed, and there were catcalls all around. It seemed as though there was something interesting going on.

"I fucking warned you before you brat!" There was a scream, which highly resembled Jisoo's voice.

Lisa and Chaeyoung exchanged confused glances, as they tried to squeeze their way through to see if it really was their unnie.

And it was. Jennie was standing at one corner, trying to tell Jisoo to stop, but she barely could be heard over the cheers from the students, a girl named Minnie squared up to the lockers, looking embarrassed, and Jisoo, punching Chanyeol like there was no tomorrow.