chapter 10

When Chaeyoung texted Lisa back again the subsequent day, Lisa told her everything was fine, and Chaeyoung was remorseful that she wasn't able to share Lisa's troubles.

Jisoo and Jin were back and about, Jin apologising to Jisoo for lashing out at her, and Jisoo apologising for her insensitivity.

There was a game that day, so they were released from class early so they could prepare for the match.

On the bus, Chaeyoung decided to sit with Lisa, to see if she was fine. Lisa didn't talk much, she only gave a polite smile to Chaeyoung, before she put on her headphones, not at all giving Chaeyoung a chance to talk.

Chaeyoung felt shut out by Lisa, but who was she to Lisa for Lisa to bare her troubles to? In the end, she just slept, hoping that her head would somehow land on Lisa's shoulder somehow.

Chaeyoung woke up to somebody patting her back- the persons hands were warm and soothing, as she leant back slightly so she could feel more of it. Her eyes slowly opened to see Lisa, asking her to wake up.

"You're not mad at me?" Chaeyoung asked, her eyes slightly brimming with tears which she didn't know the reason for. Lisa shook her head, wiping away Chaeyoung's stray tear. "Of course not silly, you did nothing wrong."

Chaeyoung sniffed, as she seemed comfort in Lisa's chest, as Lisa let her be for a few seconds only, before being chased down the bus by Irene.

It ended way too fast, and both Chaeyoung and Lisa knew it. They gave each other a knowing smile as they got off.

"Choy Tzuyu, and Im Nayeon. Jisoo you can get Nayeon. Show her that playing without dirty handed means is superior. And Joy, you can guard Tzuyu." Joy was the best defender on their team, alongside Jisoo, but Jisoo was adamant on guarding Nayeon to show that Jisoo deserved her spot, and was far superior as compared to Nayeon.

The match begun, and immediately after the tip off, while Irene and Momo were trying to get the ball, Nayeon made a run for it, in the process, elbowing Seulgi's stomach.

"That was on fucking purpose!" Chaeyoung roared. Lisa pulled Chaeyoung down in case she got a technical, stroking her hand to calm her down, which immediately caused butterflies in Chaeyoung's stomach. But that was still obviously on purpose. Seulgi was no where near and unless Nayeon had some issues controlling her elbows, why would her elbow swing and hit Seulgi right square in the stomach that hard.

Jisoo let out a low growl as she sprinted forward to snatch the ball from Nayeon as she went for the fastbreak and layup. While she successfully managed to shake Tzuyu off, Nayeon came sprinting after her.

As Jisoo lifted off the ground for her layup, Nayeon bumped into her hard, sending Jisoo flying, as she hit one of the bench nearby. A foul was called, alongside some angry chatter.

Chaeyoung was up on her feet, swearing at Nayeon while Jennie was already making her way to Jisoo.

"I'm sorry, it's on accident." Nayeon "apologised", the smirk never leaving her face. Jisoo chose to ignore her, as Irene and Jennie helped her onto her feet. She reassured Coach Im and a worried Jennie she was okay, as she shot her free throws. Even though she was sent flying, Jisoo still made her layup, which was counted, so they were in the lead 2 to 0.

Jisoo subsequently made her free throw, as the match resumed. Tzuyu managed to shake Joy with a split step and crossover, but Jisoo was quick to help. She passed the ball to Jihyo, who was guarded by Seulgi.

Jisoo's eyes widened at the sight in front of her.

"Seulgi screen left..." She hollered, in the last attempt to try to stop her, but it was too late. Seulgi crashed into the screen Nayeon set. Since Seulgi was going at such a high speed, she fell on the ground hard, clutching her arm.