chapter 28

"Lalisa, is it true you and Park Chaeyoung are in a stable relationship? Like the type where you're both committed and actually like love each other?" Lisa raised an eyebrow, nodding slowly. Why was her father asking her such a question.

"The Park Chaeyoung we're talking about, just to make sure we're on the same page, is the one on your basketball team?" Lisa nodded again, looking at her father, confused.

"Splendid! I pity her taste for liking a whore like you but this is marvelous. How did you manage to get a girl like her? She's the sheer definition of perfection especially for basketball."

Lisa lowered her head down- she didn't know how ahead felt anymore, but she just stood there and waited for her father to continue talking.

"I'm in a great mood today. Have your meal! Invite Chaeyoung for dinner soon." Lisa nodded, digging in.

How did things come to this...

Lisa's father was screaming, yelling. He lost 500,000 dollars dabbling in stocks, and Lisa knew she was dead meat. She was going to get chopped up even without doing anything.

Honestly, for a family like hers, 500,000 amounted to peanuts. But for her father, who was a penny pincher despite being one of the richest man, it meant the world to him.

"Lalisa! This is all your fault! Your disgusting bitch energy has washed off me. Look what you've done! The whore you are! After I raised you for a good 18 years of your life. This. is. all. your. fucking. fault." He made sure to enunciate the last 6 words, hitting Lisa hard everytime he said a word.

Lisa started tearing up as she cowered in bed, trying to escape her father's beating. He was fine just a day ago... Extremely happy that Chaeyoung was Lisa's girlfriend...

She heard the sound of his belt getting taken off and shuddered. She didn't know if she felt relief or pain first when the belt landed on her back with a loud smack, as she struggled to keep in her yells of agony.

After a while, her father left the room, not without hurling insults at Lisa. Lisa felt all the bad memories rush to her at an instant, as she hid under her sheets. Every single past memory haunted her, as she started to cry helplessly.

"Chaeyoung..." she muttered quietly, breathing heavily. "Save me from this please..."

Oblivious to anything happening, Chaeyoung was at home in bed, snuggled up with Jennie, watching a movie. Lisa told her yesterday that her father was glad that she was dating Chaeyoung, and she took that as a really good sign.

She sighed, opening her phone to see that Lisa hasn't replied her as she sent her a few messages.

I miss you baby😓😓
I wish we were together
I love you❤️
See you Monday

Lisa sobbed, reading Chaeyoung's message. She replied with an I love you too, see you Monday. But she was so tired. Tired of everything. She would've given up if Chaeyoung wasn't in her life.

Her father haunted her like a vengeful ghost. Every night all she would dream of is her father's beatings, her father degrading her. She felt the pain both physically and mentally. She tried to help herself, counsel herself back to normal. But she couldn't. She was scarred.

It was getting way too tiring to handle. It was like hell 24 hours a day, except for the time she was with Chaeyoung and the rest of the girls. They were like hot chocolate in winter, providing her comfort and joy, being there for her no matter what.

She gulped down her tears, as she tried her best to summon her best moments with Chaeyoung, as she tried to fall asleep.

A/n: Hi everyone! It's been months, and I made 3 updates today. It definitely isn't gonna be easy, but if you have any plot ideas, do let me know! Any requests for anything (Eg what other ships to write in this story) and I'll try to fulfill it too. Thanks for reading Misunderstandings❤️❤️