ch.17

//seokmin;

He had only one street left to cross before he reached home when he realized that Joshua's breathing had become slower, presumably he had fallen asleep while Seokmin was telling him about his family's puppy back home. To not disturb him anymore, Seokmin ended the call, staring at his phone screen for a few moments, smiling foolishly. He couldn't explain in words how good he felt, the happiness that filled every corner of his body. He felt like he could take flight at any moment.

Arriving in the apartment, Seungwan and Hansol were watching a movie on the couch, embraced. Seeing them, Seokmin couldn't wait for the moment when he and Joshua could do the same.

"Hey guys." Seokmin approached and paused the TV, standing in front of the two.

"Seokmin, I'll beat you up." Seungwan tries to kick him but misses because he was too far away.

"I have good news and not-so-good news." Seokmin couldn't stop giggling, sitting next to the two.

Seungwan stood up from his boyfriend's arms, now both of their attention focused on Seokmin.

"Hey man, it better be relevant because I really liked that movie." Hansol also sat up, leaning against the back of the couch.

"Which one should I start with?" Seokmin grinned, knowing he was testing their patience, receiving a pillow to the head from Seungwan. "Okay, okay. So, Joshua and I are dating."

"HUH?" Seungwan and Hansol's reactions were in sync, both equally shocked with nearly identical facial expressions.

Seokmin nodded, proud, puffing out his chest triumphantly.

"Wow, congratulations, man!" Hansol reached out his hand to pull him into a hug.

"Wait. And what's the not-so-good news?" Seungwan crosses his arms over his chest, raising a single suspicious eyebrow.

"Uhh... Well... Joshua didn't exactly say that he likes me and wants to be together after I confessed my feelings to him. Instead, he suggested that we go out together for three weeks and see how things go."

Seungwan and Hansol turn their heads towards each other, as if making sure they both heard correctly the nonsense that came out of Seokmin's mouth, amazed by his foolishness. After a long moment of silence and just staring at each other, Seungwan takes a deep breath and raises his hands in the air, overwhelmed by the whole situation.

"I mean, if that's what makes you guys happy and you believe it will work, who am I to judge?" Hansol agrees with his boyfriend's words, and Seokmin is amazed at how calm he seems, grateful that he didn't mention the part where he waited at Joshua's door for 8 hours after searching the whole city for him, only for him to come back home with a stranger, drunk and disheveled. Seokmin feels his chest tighten when he remembers that moment in particular, but he quickly buries it with the image of Joshua swinging their hands together as they walked through the park.

"What movie are you guys watching?" Seokmin stretches himself next to the two, joining the cuddles, putting his leg over Seungwan and embracing him. Seokmin was very affectionate with his friends and loved all kinds of skinship, and everyone close to him knew that very well and had already accepted their fate.

The three of them continue their movie marathon until morning, with Seokmin falling asleep on the couch while the couple moves to Seungwan's bedroom as the sun begins to rise.

//joshua;

Joshua is awakened by a constant and annoying knocking at the front door, forcing him to get out of bed to open it for the impatient person. It was clear that it wasn't Jihoon because he hadn't been home for a week, mostly living in the studio. When he checks through the peephole, Jeonghan is behind the door with a wide grin on his face and a tray with two coffees in his hand, desperately banging on the door.