200. Neil's anxiety

She shook him to bring him out of his thoughts.

Neil: H?... Kya hua?

Mini: (held his shivering hands and rubbed them lightly) Tell me the truth now.... what has happened?... Kya hua hai Patiala me jo tum itna dar gaye ho?.... (kept her palm on his cheek) Apni Mini ko bhi nahi bataoge?... Pls ab to bata do.... aaj tum baat nahi paltoge.... tumhe meri kasam hai...

Neil got tears in his eyes and he immediately hugged her and she felt tears on her shoulders. She was worried now.

He snuggled on her neck and she bent backwards. Almost half a min went by and Neil hadn't said anything but was getting emotional.

Thankfully today there was no one except them in the bungalow as Bonavi was in Vaishnavi's apartment for some work and Penny was out because of some college event. So they won't be getting disturbed till Mini gets to know everything going on in his mind no matter how much time it takes.  

She was leaned on the couch with Neil's head on her chest, caressing his head. She patted lightly on his head and pecked on his head. 

Mini: Kuch batao to Neil... Kya hua hai?

Neil: (emotionally) Pata nahi kya hua hai Mini.... I am trying to be normal.... I am trying very hard to be normal.... par nahi ho raha mujhse... mujhe pata hai bahot baar tumne yeh mere chehre pe padha hai lekin pucha nahi.... yeh sochkar ki shayad main hi bata du par mujhe khud nahi pata.... kyu hota hai aisa?... Firstly I thought that you are away that's why I am just overthinking.... but now too it happens....

Mini: Matlab?.... Kya hota hai?

Neil: I don't know why.... But sometimes I just feel like.... I actually can't explain in words... how it feels.... it's like... the urge to protect you.... to save you... to just keep you safe in my arms.... safe from the whole world.... I don't know why.... but I get afraid sometimes.... I get surrounded by fear sometimes.... the fear of losing you... Sometimes... I even get nightmares Mini.... Ekdum andhera sa hota hai tumhari chillane ki awaazein aa rahi hoti hai... tum bol rahi hoti ho... Neil.. I need you... I need you Neil... Ekdum se darke jaag jaata hu main... Uss din jab tum patiala aayi thi na... tab bhi yahi hua tha... Isiliye main ekdum se dar gaya tha... 

Mini caressed his head slowly to comfort him. 

Neil: I told you na that I came here just for one week... but the truth is that.... Arya saw me panicking once while getting up from sleep.... Vo choti si bacchi bhi samajh gayi ki main bahot tension me hu.... mujhe usi ne bola ki main tumhare paas thodi din chala jau... vo reh legi kuch din Naeem Bi ke paas.... In patiala I thought this is because of your absence.... but now I don't know.. I am still not able to sleep properly... I even come to your room multiple times to check on you that you are safe and sleeping soundly.... Jab se yaha aaya hu tab se bhi... pata nahi kyu par raat me so hi nahi paata.... vo ghabrahat peecha hi nahi chodti.... Ek mahina ho gaya aisa feel karte hue... tumhe kuch nahi hua par.... I am still not able to calm down myself after getting those anxious feelings.... I can't loose you Mini... I can't loose you... 

Mini understood his mental condition and caressing his head, she consoled him.

Mini: Mujhe kuch nahi hoga Neil!... Tum ho na mere saath.... Kuch nahi hoga.... 

Mini moved a little, keeping a cushion behind her and lied with her head on it. She was lying between him and the back of the couch with his arms around her waist and his head still on her chest because of her arms had been draped around his head.

Mini: So jaao aaram se... (bent her face a little while raising his chin and wiped his tears) Main hu tumhare saath... Pehle hi bol dete tum... (pecked on his forehead) Itna tension leke ghumte rehte ho....