286. Mini soothes Neil emotionally

Tears brimming in his eyes, trailed down their path on his cheeks. 

Hey Humnava mujhe apna bana le
Sookhi padi dil ki iss zameen ko bhiga de

Mini: (assuring him) I am here for you Neil.

Neil started easing up his stiffness when Mini made him lie on the bed and put on the comforter on his shivering body. 

hmm.. hoon akela, zara haath badha de
Sookhi padi dil ki iss zameen ko bhiga de

Mini slid closer to him and draped him in her embrace. She rested his head on her chest and he clung to her like a scared kid.

Mini was leaned back on the bed and caressed his face gently.

Neil was sniffing while trying to calm himself from crying anymore.

Mini: Yeh jo apne seene me qaid kar raha hai tumne apna dard usko aaj rihaayi de do Neil... Jitne aansu samet rakhe hai unhe beh jaane do aaj.... 

Kab se main dar dar phir raha musaafir dil ko panaah de
Tu awaargi ko meri aaj thehra de

He cuddled to her and sobbed harder. 

Mini pecked on his forehead and rested her cheek on his temple, holding him against her.

He cried bitterly, clinging to her like a small kid and Mini comforted him with her warmth.

Mini remembered the day when she told Neil that Arya is getting nightmares after the fire incident and he suggested her also to seek a child psychologist. Mini too felt it not so big thing back then but as Neil had insisted her, she went and had a talk. The child psychologist examined Arya and told Mini to observe her nightmare frequency and to provide her with extra care and love whenever it happens and some suggestions to calm her down. She told her that after all of this if it doesn't get over in a few months then they can try some treatment options. The psychologist even warned Mini to ensure no one scolds Arya for this as it could affect her mental health.

Today Mini got to know that Neil was insisting so firmly because he already knew it can worsen to great extent. Today Mini realised the reason also about why he became extra supportive for Arya from then on. The reason of why he tried every single effort and awakened the little child in mature Arya by supporting her in every smallest wish she said. 

The reason why he used to get immensely busy in the restaurant to complete everything before the restaurant closes and the moment he returned haveli, he used to spend time with Arya, listening to everything she did the whole day and playing with her after vanishing his tiredness as it never existed. From one and a half week, MiNeil together used to read out stories for her to feel the warmth of a family even more. Quite a couple of times, they both even slept with her, out of tiredness. They knew it was a tough phase for her so they both supported her. It did helped Arya recover and she had stopped having regular nightmares since 4 days. 

Today Mini realised the reason of why he made Arya also enjoy turning into a baby in front of them both. Mini realised that Neil healed his younger self in Arya by supporting the child inside her in the way he yearned to feel supported. Mini realised how Neil had saved Arya's innocence from withering.

Initially, Mini used to feel that pampering Arya like this will spoil her and she even talked to Neil about it and she remembered Neil's words.

"Mini... Apni age se zyada disciplined aur mature hona acchi baat hai... Lekin iss age me agar Arya apni age ke bacchon ki tarah thodi bahot pachkaani aur bachpane wali sharaartein nahi karegi to badi hone pe she will feel his childhood lost between her maturity... Bacchon ka umar se pehle bada hona bhi to sahi nahi hai."