287. Jaan

Parking the car on the side of the street, Mini smiled at Neil and they got off the car.

Ki rabba janda, rabba jaanda
Tainu kitni mohobata dil karda (x2)

Neil: Kahan chalna hai?

Mini pointed the other side and Neil turned back.

He saw it was Sri gunj gurudwara. He, as a child, used to visit the same gurudwara every year on this day till his parents were alive. He never visited it again after their accident. He has told Mini many memories he had when they used to come here.

Mini came to him, tied the handkerchief on his head and held his hands in hers.

Mini: Relive your memories Neil.

Neil: Ghabrahat lag rahi hai ajeeb si...

Mini: (taking veil over her head) Main hu na.... Aao.

They stepped towards the gurudwara together with Arya.

Tere vajon jee nahi lagda
Rog ye laga ishq da
Har dua mein tainu mangda
Ke rabba janda rabba janda
Tainu kitni mohobbata dil karda

Stepping in the gurudwara, Neil was holding Mini's hand and was stealing glances at her. She was looking so beautiful in the golden embroidered dark red anarkali suit. 

Ishq ye kaise hota hai
Rang ye kaise khilte hai
Dekhu ye teri in aankhon mein
Chandni ye kya hoti hai
Deep ye jalte kaise hai
Dekhu ye teri in aankhon mein

There was verses going on in the gurudwara.

They joined their hands, while praying with closed eyes.

A wind hit on Mini's dupatta and Neil felt its length on his shoulder.

He opened his eyes and saw the dupatta.

Ho naa jane kab din chadh da
Kuch bhi pata nahi chal da
Har dua mein tainu mangda
Ke rabba jaanda, rabba janda
Tenu kitni mohobbata dil karda

As Mini walked behind Arya to take the chakkars with closed eyes, the dupatta was falling off his shoulder.

Before it could slid off his hands, he felt a tug and realised the dupatta's beads got struck on his wrist's red thread.

He closed his eyes joining his hands and walked ahead behind her with a smile while hoping the beads remains stuck till the four chakkars.

Mini was walking ahead while Neil was just behind her.

As the fourth chakkar was over, Neil opened his eyes and saw the dupatta still stuck. He smiled looking at Mini, while bowing to thank god for writing Mini's companionship in his destiny.

Dekh duniya meri ankhiyon se
Main rakhala pehnu palko pe
Ek umar ka sauda na kariye
Waade kar du saato janmo ke
Oh rabba janda, rabba janda
Tainu kitni mohobata dil karda

In the peaceful and serene environment, they did darshan and sat near the kund for sometime. Arya was clicking pictures of the gurudwara.

Neil felt much calm and relaxed while looking around.

Seeing him smiling with satisfaction, Mini was adoring him.

Mini: (keeping her hand on his) How're you feeling?

Neil: (looking at her) Quenched.... Memories me step in karna difficult lagta hai par unhe dobara yaad kitna soothing lagne lagta hai na... Idhar aaye nahi hote to yeh feeling mehsoos hi nahi hoti.

Mini: Hmm... Yaani mera car lene ke bahaane tumhe aaj yahan laana successful raha.

Neil: (surprisingly) You knew today is their anniversary?.... Maine kab bataaya yeh tumhe?