246. Preet in problem

Neil saw Preet was standing at the entrance of the tuition building, talking to a boy, almost a couple of years elder to her, with lowered gaze and hesitated face.

He walked towards them.

Neil: Hi Preet... You are free or should I wait for you?

Preet: Vo... main...

Boy: (to Preet) Yeh kaun?... Tum to keh rahi thi tumhari koi dost aa 'rahi' hai purana mohalle me 'rehti' hai..... bataaya nahi tumne?.... you have male friends too?

Neil felt weird at his question but then got shocked listening to Preet's reply.

Preet: Nahi.. Nahi... Yeh... Yeh to Bobby Veerji ke dost hai...

Boy: To tumhare Veerji ke yeh dost tumhe pick up karne aane waale the?

Neil was looking at Preet with the confusion of how is someone talking to her so possessively and why is she timidly lying to him.

Preet: Nahi... actually meri usi friend ke hone wale mangetar hain yeh... to... usne hi bheja hoga... (to Neil with a forced smile) Haina?.... Mini ne hi bheja hai na?

Neil: Yeah... Main restaurant se nikal hi raha tha to Mini ne bola to pick you up... But who is he?

Boy: (To Neil, forwarding his hand) Hi... I am Amandeep Maan.

Neil: (handshaking) Hi... I am Neil Oberoi.... How come you know Preet?

Boy: I am her to be fiance.

Neil: (shocked) What?... (looked at Preet) Is it?

Preet got tensed.

Preet: Main... main bataati hu... vo...

Aman: (doubtfully glaring) Yeh aisa kyu bol raha hai?...

Neil: (understanding his reaction would be problematic for Preet) Hey.. Hey.... Relax.... I was just shocked because... I was with Bobby for the past few days but he didn't tell me anything like that... nor did she told her bestie which was a bit shocking.

Aman: Oh... Ok...

Preet: Veerji ko nahi pata...

Neil: (trying to digest her own real brother doesn't know about her marriage being arranged) Ookkayy.... To..... a....  Chalein?... (Preet nodded and he turned to Aman out of curtesy) See you soon again.

Preet: Milte hai... Phir kabhi... Thank you aap mere liye ruke itni der.

She rushed with Neil and got till his car with him. Neil saw her sighing.

Neil: Sab theek hai?

Preet: Theek hi to nahi hai... 2 hafte se yeh sar dard jhel rahi hu main.... Bobby Veerji ko bhi nahi bata sakti thi kyunki Mummyji ne mana kiya tha.... kasam li hai unhone.... aur tumhari Mini Madam hai ki phone bhi nahi uthaati.... Siyappe ho gaye hai mere life me yaha aur tumhari Mini Madam ko Delhi me do pal bestie se baat karne ki fursat nahi hai..... Tum kab se delhi me ho... Mujhe pata hota to tumhe hi call kar leti main.... 

Neil: (forwarded a bottle of water to her) Relax... Paani piyo... (she had water and calmed down) Bobby thode time me aane wala hai... (to lighten up her mood) Bechara apni girlfriend ke saath time spend karna chah raha hai... (Preet chuckled and Neil smiled) Tension mat lo.... Tab tak koi bhi problem hoga to Mini aur main hai na... We will together sort it out yaar....

Preet nodded knowing he is correct and Neil turned while unlocking the car but then heard a voice from behind making Preet anxious again.

Aman: Kya sort out karna hai?.... Koi problem hai kya?