Chapter Two

Keiko goes out to explore the town alone because her mom got called to start work a day before she was supposed to. She waiters the dirt roads that formed about a milky past the sign and she smiles at each store. There's a marina, a farmer's market, a grocery store, a diner.

Keiko wanders into the diner - LA PUSH DINER - at around noon and she sees a waitress needed sign on the counter. The waitress, Luna, smiles at Keiko as the girl sits down.

"What can I get you?"

"A bacon cheeseburger, steak fries, a coke, and a waitress application," Keiko replies.

"Oh, thank God." Luna gives the order to the chef and hands Keiko an application. "I thought no one would apply. You'll be working the floor with me if the boss hires you. The owner of this fine establishment is Cheyenne Clearwater. She's pretty great. You'll love her once you're on here."

Keiko starts to fill out her application while Luna goes to another customer. Keiko digs into her fries as soon as her food comes. When her application is done and Luna is bringing it to Cheyenne, Keiko grabs her burger and takes a messy bite from it.
*****

"今日はどうでしたか?" Haruto asks his daughter when she enters the house that night after she's done at the diner and exploring La Push some more.

"My day was well, Dad," Keiko replies. "I applied for a waitressing job at the diner."

"I went to the tribe to ask about jobs and I got one off the reservation," Haruto replies. "私はフォークスの警官です." He tells her that he is a cop in Forks, which is a neighboring town.

"すごいですね、お父さん、" Keiko says with a smile. "I love you."

"I love you." Haruto is glad that Kalyan was okay  with raising their daughter to bilingual, so she can speak Japanese as fluently as she does English. "Go get cleaned up. I'm going to make some dinner."

Keiko nods. She pecks her dad on the cheek before she goes upstairs. The lesbian mixed girl turns on the hot water before going to her room. She grabs some pajamas and a towel before returning to bathroom and she removes her clothes.

The now naked girl gets under the hot water once she has some cold water added and she sighs in content as the water glides through her silky, black hair. She steps out from under the water and she starts to apply some strawberry scented shampoo, the smell filling the steamy bathroom quickly and it makes her smile. She always uses strawberry scented shower gels.

Keiko finishes her shower in peace and quiet before turning the water off and getting out. She cries herself off thoroughly and she brushes her black hair while it's damp. Keiko gets dressed in her pajamas her dad got in Japan when he went to visit his family two years ago and she goes downstairs. She finds her dad at the Japanese dining table. 

Haruto made Chicken Katsu Don

"Smells good, Dad," Keiko compliments

"Smells good, Dad," Keiko compliments. "私はお腹が空いています."

"Come and eat then," Haruto urges.

Keiko sits across from him and they did in. She's on her fourth slide of chicken cutlet when the front door opens.

"I'm home!" Kalyan calls out before she wanders into the dining room.

"Dinner's in the kitchen, Love," Haruto says to his wife.

"You're a blessing." Kalyan goes to the kitchen and returns with her food and she sits beside Keiko. "I'm sorry I couldn't give you the tour. 今日はどうだった、ケイコ?"

"My day was actually good, Mom," Keiko replies. "I applied for a waitressing job at La Push Diner. I bought some fish at the marina with some money Dad gave me."

"I'll leave money in the morning before I go to work; can you go to the grocery store, Kei?" Kalyan asks. She'd ask Haruto but he goes to Forks to start work tomorrow.

"Of course," Keiko replies.

With some more small talk, the Suzuki family sits around the dining table and they eat their dinner together as a family.