Chapter Twenty

Two Months later.

It's been two months since the battle and seven weeks since Sam donated his super sperm (as the nurse at the fertility clinic called it) to Keiko, and Keiko is now at the local health department with her mom and Leah getting a blood test.

The nurse leaves after drawing Keiko's blood and Leah grabs a pamphlet on Motherhood and she leans against the counter to read through it. Kalyan is on the phone with her ex-husband because Haruto wants to hear this news, too.
*****

Keiko grabs her phone and she calls Sam fifteen minutes later.

"Hey, Kei, where are you and Leah?" Sam asks. "We're waiting at the beach."

It's now the beginning of August. After this appointment, Keiko is going shopping with Leah because they were invited to Edward and Bella's wedding on the eleventh of August. They're supposed to be at the beach hanging with the back and their imprints right now.

"I'm at the Health Department," Keiko says. "Sam, your speak might've worked." She pauses as the doctor comes in. "So?"

"Congratulations, Miss Suzuki," the doctor says to Keiko. "You're pregnant."

"Wow, congrats," Sam says over the phone. "You and Leah will be amazing parents."

Keiko thanks him and hangs up and his thrusted a phone from her mom as her mom gets the prenatal prescription.

"Hi, Dad," Keiko says.

"You're making me a grandfather, Keiko," Haruto scolds lightly. "I'm so happy for you and Leah."

"I'm happy, too," Keiko says as they leave. "I've always wanted to be a parent."

Leah walks ahead and she calls her mom to tell her that Keiko is pregnant. They all walk to the car.