Chapter Eighteen: A Mother's Love and a Daughter's Departure

"Nene chan?..." the woman looks at her through the glasses, she is shaky as she approaches.

"Mama.." Nene walks up. Tears at the edge of her eyes

They both try to embrace.

Her Ghostly hands faze through the woman's back and the woman ultimately ends up just wrapping arms around herself. She once again bursts into tears. She slides to the floor as she hopelessly tries to grab her daughter only for it to faze through.

"Nene...Nene..." she sounded so broken.

"I-I'm right here momma... it's really me." Nene tries to lightly hug around her. There was no more warmth she could give only a frigid cold to comfort her mother.

"I'm so sorry I want there that day- I should of told you to come straight home-"

Nene shushes her as she fights back her own emotions. "Its not your fault momma- for now Im right here...I think I need to tell you stuff before I have to leave again."

"I can't believe its you... my baby"

Kou watched their reunion with a sorrowful smile. The woman looks up with a thankful expression.

"So your honor procedes your family name, young man...." She gives a small smile. She then turns to Akane.

"So who are you?"

Akane simply replies, "Im an escort. Nothing more nothing less."

He takes Kou by the arm, "lets give them some space."

....

"So Momma there's some stuff I need to tell you...but you probably wouldn't believe me."

"Well..." she looks at her ghost daughter, "I think I could possibly do that."

"So you know how I like to get into occult stuff?..."

"Yes- is that why you have a friend who's an exorcist?"

"Well thats part of it. What would you say if I happened to summon a ghost?"

"A ghost?!"

So Nene explains everything.

Her first time meeting Hanako.

Her reckless decisions

The bond that connected him from the near and far shore.

The mokke

Meeting Kou in a very crazy way

The Misaki stairs

"I thought the stories you told black canon were from a book... so there is a real Hanako san, but he's a boy?"

Nene nods.

"You bound yourself to him by a fishscale?"

"Well mermaid scale."

"A ningyo?! Nene chan they are said to be the powerful Yokai-"

"But I thought you didn't believe in that stuff Mama!"

"Well when Im seeing stuff today that not even I can believe."

Nene continues to explain everything

How she became Hanako's assistant

Her first encounter with the mokke

How she met Kou exc...

Mrs Yashiro stands there trying to wrap her head what all her daughter has been doing for the past months.

"you actually dealt with all of that?"

Nene nods, "I'm sorry I couldn't tell you...I dont think you would've believed me..."