Murder Mystery Time!

3rd POV

     'The Black Lizard... The Armed Detective Agency was attacked by the Port Mafia's military squad, the Black Lizard. But the entire squad was crushed thanks to the battle skills of Kunikida-san, (Y/n)-san, Yosano-san, and Kenji-san. That's how powerful the Armed Detective Agency is.' Atsushi explains to himself as he and everyone else except Ranpo clean up the office.

After Ranpo finished drinking his bottle, he suspected the marble inside it, hearing it clink when the marble moved around. This grabbed Atsushi's attention while Ranpo turned to Haruno. "Huh?"

"Hey, Harunochi." He gives her the bottle. "A challenge for you: Do you think you can take the marble out of this bottle?"

Haruno takes it from his hands without hesitation, "I think I can do that."

This became unclear to Atsushi on why Ranpo wasn't helping and why he needed the marble or why Haruno agreed to do that. "Marble, really?"

Haruno went into another room, smashing the bottle with a small hammer before returning the beautiful, shiny blue marble to Ranpo. "Is this what you wanted?"

Ranpo takes it from her hand, "Mm-hmm. Marbles are lovely, aren't they?"

"Now that you mention it, yes, they are." She agreed.

Atsushi just move away and walked towards Kunikida and (Y/n), whispering so that Ranpo doesn't hear. "Um, isn't Ranpo-san going to help clean up the office?" He questioned, and just before (Y/n) could answer that, Ranpo called out to Kunikida.

"Hey, Kunikida-kun." This scared Atsushi because he assumed that Ranpo must've heard him. "I can't stay. I've got to head off to a job."

"Oh, have you been called to assist with a new murder case?" Kunikida asked.

"Yep. The police are always so desperate for my help. They can't capture a single criminal without me. The fact is...my Ultra-Deduction is the best ability in this agency. I'm sure it's the best power in the whole country." Ranpo bragged. "It's no surprise that everyone depends on it."

"We're all indebted to you, Ranpo-san." Kunikida said.

Ranpo felt glad to hear that. "Good, well, you know, as long as you're aware. You're funny. It's odd that you call yourselves a detective agency, because the rest of you have the deductive powers of a pack of monkeys." He walks away from his desk to then be praised by the others. "The only way you can investigate anything is thanks to my ability."

Atsushi felt rather annoyed to hear Ranpo belittling them. He then felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up to see (Y/n), she gave him a reassuring smile before whispering to him. "Before you ask, yes, this is totally normal. Don't let him get to you though."

"What you do is truly amazing." Haruno added. "With your Ultra-Deduction skills, you can see right to the heart of a case in an instant."

"You're a role model for the Agency—no, for all gifted people." Kunikida stated, correcting himself in the process.

"Yeah, you're right." Ranpo agreed with them. "But I need to hear that from her."

He demanded, pointing at (Y/n). She rolled her eyes playfully before letting out a chuckle. "You're a wonder and a gift, Ranpo-san. No one can ever think to outsmart you."

He smirked as he raced towards (Y/n), shoving Atsushi out of the way while Kunikida quickly caught him. "Awwww, that's what I wanted to hear!" He embraced her in a hug while shoving his face into her chest, feeling her patting his head with such gentle fingers.

Atsushi got back on his feet as he looked at Ranpo in anger and disbelief, only to stop that when Kunikida called to him. "Hey, kid."

"Y-Yes?"