What Is Death?

3rd POV

What are you looking at? What can you see?

A phone in a busy street was ringing. Many just ignored the phone ringing because it wasn't their phones going off except a little girl in a lovely red kimono. Her phone was constantly ringing as she didn't bother to answer it at all.

Her back faced the wall, standing completely silent as she ignored the people around her. That is until two guys saw her.

"Hey, girlie, you waiting for someone or something?" The one with the green hoodie asked.

The one in the grey suit then remembered her. "I'm pretty sure this is where I saw her yesterday too. It's like she hasn't even moved! Maybe she's actually a mannequin."

She just blinked.

"Ooo, look, she blinked!"

Her eyes then caught someone as she then walked away from the two guys. She held her phone tightly in her hand as she tried to catch up to the person she was looking for, she clutched on Dazai's coat and caught his attention.

Dazai turned to see the small girl. "Uh, can I help you?" He asked, wondering if the girl needed something from him.

"Found you." She states emotionlessly as she then opened her cell phone to take the call, a terrifying sword-wielding phantom then appeared behind her.

Dazai's eyes widen as he was now in a pickle. "This doesn't look good."

The next morning, everyone was at the Agency, now hearing that Dazai was currently missing and that Atsushi couldn't find him.

"You can't track down Dazai?" Kunikida asked, seeing the worried look on Atsushi's face.

"He's not returning any of my calls, and I can't find him at home either." Atsushi responds.

"He's probably floating down some river again." Kunikida guessed, not even caring what Dazai was doing as he continued to do his work on the computer.

"Maybe he got himself thrown in jail." Kenji added, admiring the plant he held in his hands. Kenji, baby, sweetie, too early for that, but good guess.

"My guess is he's off with a woman." Says Ranpo, eating his snacks.

"But..." Atsushi sweat dropped. "...what if he's been attacked by the Port Mafia...? Aren't you worried?"

"That man's ability to avoid death approaches nightmarish proficiency." Kunikida comments.

"Even after all those suicide attempts, he's still as lively as ever." Kenji adds.

"Ha! I doubt even the Mafia could get the better of him. Naturally, (Y/n)-chan would know where he is so you should probably ask her, once she feels better." Ranpo advised, envying how close the two were because he knew that she knew where Dazai truly was.

"Right, she was shot in the back..." Atsushi remembered, seeing Kunikida and Dazai rushing into the Agency with (Y/n) in their arms with a trail of blood behind them as they rushed toward Yosano to have her healed. "Hopefully Yosano-sensei treated her."

"While we wait for her to get up, I can go look into it." Junichiro informed Atsushi, making him happy to see that he was okay.

"Junichiro-san, are you feeling better now?"

"I am, thankfully."

"I didn't know what to do when everything happened, I'm so glad you're all right."

"Sorry, if I worried you." Junichiro apologized, feeling guilty for Atsushi to witness that on his first day.

"Good to see you back on your feet." Kunikida replied.