TᕼE ᒪᗩᗰIᑎᗩ᙭ ᖴᗩᑕIᒪTY #14 - Escape (**^^FINAL!^^**)

They arrived at an inhabited office, complete with a chair, with a computer, a floor covered with paper, and a rotten, half-dried apple on a wooden, coffee-stained desk. Glowstripe stood on the chair and pushed on the nearest roof panels until one jerked away. "Hey!" A voice yelled. They whirled around to see an angry-looking carneline standing in their doorway. At once, Lunar lunged at the carneline, grabbing it by the neck fur and throwing it to a wall, knocking it out. The carneline's body glowed pinkish-red for a moment, and disappeared. "What have you done to him?" Ava yelped. Ghost ran to the spot where the body had vanished and barked at it.

"Don't worry, it'll come back as a human with its memory erased,"

"Come, Ava," Jason called. He picked her up and heaved her up the gap where the panel had been before jumping on himself. When all the gootraxians went up, they walked along a narrow passageway which led to a small, deserted bedroom. Glowstripe trotted to a wooden bunk bed completed with a mattress and a pillow. The shork slumped on it heavenly. "Ahhhh," he sighed. "I haven't been on something soft for ages! Way better than the sandpapery belly of a shark. But a shark stomach is softer. He tapped his snout thoughtfully, and Ava took a step back from him. Ghost yelped and immediately ran to a dirty, worn-down dog bed and settled in. "Who did this belong to?" Jason said. 

Glowstripe was silent. Suddenly, he understood. But Ava had obviously realised before him. "You- you were a human before, weren't you?" she whispered. Glowstripe's tail drooped, and he nodded. "This was your dog, wasn't it?" Ava said, pointing to a laminated photo of a scruffy, beige-coloured, young dog with a similar body shape as a slime pup, finished with a bright red collar that read: Tortilla

"What happened to him?" Jason asked. In the corner of his eye, Lunar was slicing a hole in the wall with his talons, possibly for them to get out, but Jason could tell that he was also eavesdropping, listening intently. 

"The scientists took him. They experimented on him. He was the reason why slime pups existed. But he didn't survive. The pain and stress was too intense." He breathed deeply and glared at Ghost. 

Suddenly, Jason realised that hanging on the wall was a dog. The same dog that was in the picture. His jaws had splash of blood on them, and his snout was open in a frozen snarl, with his tongue torn and several missing teeth. The dog's bright red collar was old and tattered, his fluffy pelt was blood-soaked and bald in some patches, and he could see numerous deep cuts, some still open and one long scar in the middle of his stomach, stitched together carelessly. Its glassy eyes were open, but dead, dead for a long time but somehow still looked new. He also realised that the blood on the canine was, instead a dried mahogany colour, was still a vibrant shade of scarlet. Ghost whimpered.

"How did this happen?" Ava asked curiously. "How is it still here? After years? And still not rotting?"

Glowstripe didn't answer. He lashed his glowing tail and his light violet forked tongue flickered in and out. Suddenly, he lunged at Ghost, catching his squishy little body and swiping his talons across it. "HEY!" Lunar roared, and pounced on Glowstripe. The three gootraxians wrestled each other for what seemed like ages, and finally Lunar was able to throw the shork off him and Ghost. Or the remains of ghost. The shark furry 's claws and jaws were covered in translucent white, gloopy slime, and on the floor was a few blobs of it and the mask of a slime pup. 

It was too late. 

Ghost was gone.

"NO!" Ava shrieked. 

Glowstripe grinned, revealing sharp, white teeth. "Y'know, I've always had beef with slimepups," he laughed. Finally I got to k--!" He paused dramatically, his mouth open mid word. Then his body glowed a flashing white, and the shork disappeared. Left behind him was Ava, holding a bloody dagger  with two hands, directly where Glowstripes back would have been. Jason wanted to shower Ava with a hundred hugs and praises, but now was not the time. 

"Good job," Jason muttered hurriedly. "Lets get out of here," 

Ava's eyes were wide, but she nodded. She picked up Ghost's mask and followed Jason. Lunar beckoned them the the hole he had cut, and Jason smiled. "Bye," he said, as he jumped out and made a soft landing in the dewy grass. He caught Ava mid jump and turned back. The Nightcrawler finally smiled back. "Bye!" he called. "Trouble meeting you guys!"

Ava giggled. "Bye!"

Finally the adventure has ended.

"Something is coming."

Ha. Hi! I might be starting SEASON 2 soon! Please stay notified! Bye, and tysm! <3